• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Orlando, Florida most of my life, in Bowling Green, Kentucky it was either no snow or 4' deep and I wasn't about to play in that. Last 2 years here the snow was too deep. Today was left over from a a few hours of snowfall the night before.
Sounds like you've made much better living location decisions than I have. I'm jealous that you've never been able to play in snow and WISH I could say the same.

Why does everyone complain about playing in the snow? I love winter golf because there's no asshat casuals out there and you can relax, take your time and enjoy the course.

11th Buckhorn Open last weekend, this is one of the most scenic greens ive seen.

2012-02-11154709.jpg

Why does everyone complain about playing in the snow? I love winter golf because there's no asshat casuals out there and you can relax, take your time and enjoy the course.

Agreed.

Yesterday it was around 20 degrees with sustained 20 mph winds, an inch or two of the white stuff and icy teepads at Nockamixon. One of the most enjoyable days of golf I've had recently...

I just don't work well in too deep of snow. It's not that I hate the cold or snow. Because of my diabetes my doc does not want my feet getting too cold. So if it's too deep where I have to struggle to walk I have to pass.

HTML doesn't work in the forums, use tags:

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6873368709_36db44458b.jpg

Some Advanced Masters and a Senior(?) Masters player take a break, deep in the Sarasota jungle, at a recent, more tropical, Ice Bowl event.

picture.php

Last edited:
At the first tee at Pease Park (RIP):
houcks2006.jpg

Apologies as I've probably posted this before -- a couple hundred pages back.

Do not disturb

A local who had decided this was a good place to sleep, aka passout. We did out best to not disturb him. This was at Helmer Park, Ridgecrest, CA.

Attachments

• Jim and bum.jpg
    Jim and bum.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 198
Isn't every person in Sarasota Masters/Grand Masters age?

Not exactly. We had throwers from 14-74 in our full field of 108 players. There is never a shortage of masters age or older players though!

Just going through some old photos from last summer...here's the highlight, by far, of Discflinger wrangling a snake that was sunning itself on a teepad at France Park.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts