• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make cool wall paper also. This is hole 13.

Hole13.jpg

It would also make a challenging jigsaw puzzle.:eek:

..Post in Paw Paw, WV..the course dog, Scout. She'll literally take you to the next tee after you complete a hole if you're lucky enough to have her tag along with you for a while.

I played there last May with smoe buddies from DC. We felt like we were stealing her as she played the entire round with us on the Whippin' Post.

Very different from the course dog I'm used to which bites people on occasion (I'm leaving that course's name out.)

b79725bb.jpg
I took this on vacation in Virginia. Burke Lake. I'm not entirely sure but I guess I got an albatross that day. I scored a 2 on one of the holes. When I replayed the course it said the hole was par 5. I'm not really sure why it wasn't a 3. It wasn't terribly wooded like some of the other holes.

burke lake and many other courses in Va. have "par" listed on a sign but those are ignored by most...bayville in Va. beach has a few par 4's and 5's..just outdated is all..i used the sign par when i started to make myself feel better?...a round of 48 was good but with sign par it became a 40!!

burke lake and many other courses in Va. have "par" listed on a sign but those are ignored by most...bayville in Va. beach has a few par 4's and 5's..just outdated is all..i used the sign par when i started to make myself feel better?...a round of 48 was good but with sign par it became a 40!!
I've played Burke Lake a few times and I think that's also a leftover from the time that course was built ~30yrs ago. Try playing courses in Maine. You could have a wide-open 300-350' hole and it will be par 5 everytime. I think the case in Maine is b/c they are all private courses and perhaps the owners feel this makes new players feel better about their game so they will continue to frequent the owner(s)' course(s). That said, those are all great courses.

I've played Burke Lake a few times and I think that's also a leftover from the time that course was built ~30yrs ago. Try playing courses in Maine. You could have a wide-open 300-350' hole and it will be par 5 everytime. I think the case in Maine is b/c they are all private courses and perhaps the owners feel this makes new players feel better about their game so they will continue to frequent the owner(s)' course(s). That said, those are all great courses.
So do the "real" players just count everything as a 3?

So do the "real" players just count everything as a 3?
I'm not a "local" so I don't know. When people ask what I score on whatever course I just say my score, not over/under. Let's not get into the "What is par?" discussion.

Found these via a google search. I was looking for something cool from The Woodshed and Whippin' Post in Paw Paw, WV. The first pic was taken inside the "clubhouse," a 100 year old barn structure. This, my friends, is WV disc golf. The 2nd is of the course dog, Scout. She'll literally take you to the next tee after you complete a hole if you're lucky enough to have her tag along with you for a while.

There are a lot of other cool pics from this group and so I'll attach the link. These guys deserve some credit for taking some nice pics and for taking the time to post them.

picture.php

picture.php

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...odshed+paw+paw&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS303US304

I played Paw Paw last month...jut me and Scout on the course...she only lasted 3 holes before leaving to do her own thing. She must have been bored watching me hit every other tree in the woods. Great dog and even a better course.

Here's a couple pics I took at Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge, MI

Hole #14 Tee (The Basket is up the hill inbetween the ledges)
IMG00319.jpg

Hole #11 Basket
IMG00317.jpg

Here's a similar pond-side picture. The #9 basket at Acker's Acres in Bowdoinham, ME last October.

Second is hole #18. Same pond. Nice protected pin improves this shotest-pond-throw-ever. Look for the yellow flag in the trees ahead.

No pictures on this course's page. I'll have to upload mine. Damn I love this site :)

Attachments

• PA170019.jpg
    PA170019.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 591
  • PA170030.jpg
    PA170030.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 588
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts