• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
shawshank #4 (jail)

here's what it looks like going in from the left "incorrect" side.
took a 6 on a par 3 - OUCH!!! :mad:

Attachments

• houston part 4 083.jpg
    houston part 4 083.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 144
  • houston part 4 084.jpg
    houston part 4 084.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 124
  • houston part 4 085.jpg
    houston part 4 085.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 119
here you go....
#4 at shawshank (A.K.A. JAIL)
first pic is after first shot (whacked a tree),teebox about 150' behind us.
there are two paths into jail, the right side being the "correct" path.
the left side OMG!!!, being "incorrect"
2nd pic was mulligan drive into jail on the correct side.
3rd pic, finally there's the pin, with a chance for par.

i have pics of the "incorrect" side also (different day).
Thanks for posting those. I really dislike very few holes, but this is one of 'em. I don't think there's a realistic fairway on that hole. It's an absurd hole based on luck, not skill. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting those. I really dislike very few holes, but this is one of 'em. I don't think there's a realistic fairway on that hole. It's an absurd hole based on luck, not skill. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I agree, I too dislike holes like this. It's kind of like, just throw and pray it gets through. I'd probably roll this hole to increase my luck.

Sign (on tree) between 2nd and 3rd fairways @ Oxbow DGC in VT
picture.php

21bf6bea.jpg

Hole #17 at Summit Park in Summit, Illinois. This place was loaded with pinball holes like this and a majority of them required hyzer shots. Got boring after a while. Fairway's are impossible to get through.. I mean impossible there are like 2 foot gaps between some trees followed by a dogleg that just can't be made because of that stupid gap.:mad:

A while back we were playing hole 13 at Central Park. One guy threw a tomahawk drive. We looked and looked before we found his disc.

Discinoddplace.jpg

Took these two today at Oak Meadows in Cypress ,TX. Its a private park that was opened to the public this weekend so we could practice for an upcoming tournament.

#8 Tee . Basket is behind that clump of trees on the other side of the water:

0426090945.jpg

#12 Basket:

0426091006.jpg

Yeah that course looks like a blast to bad I'm from Chicago.

I played the course for the first time today and it kicked my ass. Both rounds I shot a 70 and I lost a disc in the lake on # 9. It was a trash disc, but that is why I carry them. The wind was too much for the Dragon, and I am going to have to invest in a heavier floater for the wind.

The problem with that course is its in a very rich neighborhood park, and because the Home Owners Asso. does not like outsiders, the park is closed to the public. It used to be open to the public, but some people had a huge party out there and trashed the place, and the disc golfers got blamed for it.

They are allowing us to have a tournament out there on May 8th, and today they opened the park to the pubic for one day, so we can practice the course. I am glad I got to play out there today. It was the toughest course I have ever played. The long holes were long, water hazards, and tight fairways. It was fun though. I can't wait till the tournament.

I was playing this morning and as I was approaching the basket I saw this car IN THE CREEK... I must have been the first to see it cause I informed the police officer sitting in the parking lot and he went to check it out. About 20 minutes later people from the city came...

101_0326.jpg

101_0327.jpg

I was playing this morning and as I was approaching the basket I saw this car IN THE CREEK... I must have been the first to see it cause I informed the police officer sitting in the parking lot and he went to check it out. About 20 minutes later people from the city came...

101_0326.jpg

101_0327.jpg

Great pics. How'd the car end up there? Did it drive off the bridge? And most important, how drunk were they?

Good thing you posted a second picture with a close up of the car. When I saw that first picture I thought to myself "this picture isn't that great." Than I scrolled down and was like "Oh! That is a great picture" This has to be up there with some of the craziest things to see while playing a round of disc golf.

That is really strange. No tire tracks in the grass, and the car does not seem to be damanged. Where the hell did it come from? So far I think that is the top ten pics of strangest things seen on the course.

Took these two today at Oak Meadows in Cypress ,TX. Its a private park that was opened to the public this weekend so we could practice for an upcoming tournament.

#8 Tee . Basket is behind that clump of trees on the other side of the water:

0426090945.jpg

#12 Basket:

0426091006.jpg

I hope that is #10 basket, or that creek just got a lot more full. (This is the exact spot I'm usually putting from:) ) Evil, evil #10 - I tell you - you'll feel no wind for the first seven holes and then 8-10 just blast you. Love the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts