• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn't been above freezing in Atlanta for nearly a week. I can't tell you how rare that is around here. Southern blood is thin to take the heat, not thick like y'all's to take the cold.

But seriously, Bill, that is a pretty lame photo if you're trying to impress Yankees. :doh:

We would be out in a light dusting of snow like that in our shorts.:D Its been hovering between 0-30 here for a while now.:\

This was my grooms cake when I got married a few years ago.

Attachments

• disc golf.jpg
    disc golf.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 113
We would be out in a light dusting of snow like that in our shorts.
This would be funny to see. It was about 30 outside with 15mph wind blowing a good 18 degree windchill. I would give you a $20 to play a round with me in shorts in that crap.

Right now its about 40, and I have people telling me that its too cold for them to come play a round with me. Wimps. These same people will not play when the temp approaches 90+ in the summer.

There's something seriously wrong with them then. Up here we get in the single digits all the time and people would still go I'm sure, but also summers into the 90's. This past summer was pretty mild(temp and humidity wise) and mosquitos sucked still. I know for sure I'm going to practically shave my head for the summer to help cool me off. My friend who's had long hair about at his shoulders or a little above finally shaved his head this past summer. When his dad heard him say something about it he got so excited he went ahead and did it himself.

This would be funny to see. It was about 30 outside with 15mph wind blowing a good 18 degree windchill. I would give you a $20 to play a round with me in shorts in that crap.

You'd have to pay me more with that kind of weather, but calm to somewhat breezy in the high thirties I'd probably take your money for that. Heck we had a warm day during the late winter, almost spring where I had to change into shorts and from there on I refused to let the cold weather make me wear pants. Some days I was wearing my leather coat and shorts. Bothers me some when we get a teaser day like that where it's too warm for winter clothing so you change and then the weather decides to take a turn back to the cold.

I was playing a local park about a month ago and it had to be about 30-35 degrees out, super windy and gloomy, typical michigan winter. There was a group of 5-6 high school age kids in front of us in shorts and hoodies, it was pretty frickin cold for shorts. And its funny but true, up here as soon as the snow thaws a couple days and a peek of sun shines we all come out in our shorts like its florida weather.

Wisconsin

It's gonna be about 35 or so on Wednesday with about a foot of snow & that is a GOOD day for winter up here... we are going.

I went out today... 12 degrees, 20 mph wind and -5 wind chill. Was my first round in 3 weeks, we had a good time though and actually managed to stay pretty warm when we were in the woods.

Yesterday was my birthday, and my 11 year old made me a couple of disc cakes.
I have a pink cobra, so that was one she made - the other is a shark.
She even put the bead on it!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 18552_284276578221_753388221_4648717_678325_n.jpg
    18552_284276578221_753388221_4648717_678325_n.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 79
view_image.php

Heres a cool color coated basket at Lodi Middle School. I just was searching for color coated baskets

Last edited:
Here is another from my trip to San Francisco at Golden Gate Park. Forgot what hole it was but I'm sure a local there can easily tell

edit: looks like hole 5 from the marker :)

gatewaydisc.jpg

Definitely hole 5. I'm a big fan of that course, I just wish it wasn't so crowded :\

Not so easy. I have played this hole. sliding is not as much an option as one would think. you often skip bad or slide short. and putting at it is tough because your aiming in the dirt. great course though, and still a fun hole

I just put this picture on my desktop. Caught a little flack from the wife. Could have to do with replacing the picture of the kids...

3871376390_58b15d8e7b.jpg

Actually hoping for some reverse psychology to kick in and get her to want to play. So far she's commented that women only play disc gold because their boyfriends do.

Ive dragged my girlfriend along to get her to disc golf for a couple years, but she throws 20 foot throws and a round takes me like 5 times as long with her playing. Plus disc golf is an excuse to be away from her and the kids for a while and just hang with my buddies anyway so really why would I want to get her interested?

My wife will never be the really interested type. But if I can get her to come out it will give me some "bonus" rounds. Plus, semi-interest is better than disinterest when it comes to plastic purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts