• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

14356030684_ed321e2c54_b.jpg

Looking back from the basket to the tee, Theo Wirth Hole 4. The picture is from my drive, basket high but far left. The other players in the picture are in the middle of the fairway about 30% of the way to the basket.

nice capture, the long shadows and sun tell me its probably around 730pm?... Looks a lot like the courses here in Fargo. Love how clouds add dynamic add to photos!

nice capture, the long shadows and sun tell me its probably around 730pm?... Looks a lot like the courses here in Fargo. Love how clouds add dynamic add to photos!

Very close. More like 6:45.

This course is a hybrid disc golf and regular golf course, so not very typical of most Minnesota courses. It is mainly a red and white level course, but it is still fun to play. I thought I played horribly last night and I still finished -2. This hole, Hole 4, is the only hole I need to pull out a max distance driver. Everything else is basically TeeBirds, Roc3s, Ions, and Buzzz SSs with a smattering of Predators, Rhynos, and Roadrunners.

My lie today on 17 at shore winds blue:

Attachments

• Deer 5.jpg
    Deer 5.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 223
^^^Wow is that deer alive?? Apparently not startled by a disc landing next to it.

And that picture above has such a gnarly looking sky. It's cool to see all those dark clouds and then the sun is on the course. Cool stuff

We had that happen with a sleeping fawn this time about a year ago: threw close to him, quietly took a few pictures, actually made the upshot from a proper stance. Wasn't 'til we were actually clearing out of his area, when he suddenly startled awake & ran off.

picture.php

14356030684_ed321e2c54_b.jpg

Looking back from the basket to the tee, Theo Wirth Hole 4. The picture is from my drive, basket high but far left. The other players in the picture are in the middle of the fairway about 30% of the way to the basket.

....where all of OUR drives landed.

....where all of OUR drives landed.

I did not want to say anything. It is more like 40 to 50% of the way now that I think of it. Panoramic mode kind of stretches out the foreground, making it look deeper than it really is. That and I was on my knees trying to get more of the sky in the shot.

I have really been blessed with some great photographic opportunities recently. The only lens I am missing on my real camera is a wide angle. I bet once I get that I will be able to take some amazing shots.

We had that happen with a sleeping fawn this time about a year ago: threw close to him, quietly took a few pictures, actually made the upshot from a proper stance. Wasn't 'til we were actually clearing out of his area, when he suddenly startled awake & ran off.

ran into this same situation. it scared the **** outta me pretty bad. it was perfectly hidden. my disc was as close as yours. after i had my upshot and went to grab my bag i saw it. pretty crazy how relaxed they are

^^^Wow is that deer alive?? Apparently not startled by a disc landing next to it.

Sure was. I took my shot from that lie and it hopped up and ran right after my shot. It was wide awake, hiding like that is their natural defense strategy at that age.

I had the exact same thing happen on the Shore Winds White Course!!!

My buddy had to take relief from the deer, as it wouldn't move. Cute little feller!!!
. Nice. Sure are lots of deer there.

ran into this same situation. it scared the **** outta me pretty bad. it was perfectly hidden. my disc was as close as yours. after i had my upshot and went to grab my bag i saw it. pretty crazy how relaxed they are

I almost stepped on a baby deer, hiding over the hill on no5 at MT Airy. I was in mid step looking for my disc and just froze with my foot about 4 inches from squashing the little guy. It never flinched, lol.

picture.php

I was just weed whipping my course Saturday when one of these buggers popped up a foot from the weed whipper. The thing barely knew how to walk and then disappeared into the tall grass. Fast forward 30 minutes and the same thing happened again with the same fawn.

They musta thought those metal things were deer feeders :doh:

Latest posts