• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

You can't actually see anything from the course. But if you hop the 10' fence to get a disc you will be met with an unpleasant greeting!! They patrol the fence line pretty heavily with German Shepherds & full autos

You can't actually see anything from the course. But if you hop the 10' fence to get a disc you will be met with an unpleasant greeting!! They patrol the fence line pretty heavily with German Shepherds & full autos

Yep that's a lost disc for me. I have seen what German Shepards can do and it is quite unpleasant.

from the pdga's facebook

attachment.php

Attachments

• 294643_10151083342588318_390767963_n.jpg
    294643_10151083342588318_390767963_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 785
AWESOME!!!!

that's the Rosedeer Hotel in Wayne Alberta

it's where we play the Lost Egg

up and down up and down

40 degree celcius

the 13th annual was about 2 weeks ago
I came first in Am Masters

renaissance was built on a landfill, I think

Yes, and the amount of trash which is now coming up from said landfill led me to be very disappointed in the course. The play of the course is completely awesome, and maybe as challenging and enjoyable as any I've ever played out of 210+ over the last 17 years, but it looks like absolute crap.

Yes, and the amount of trash which is now coming up from said landfill led me to be very disappointed in the course. The play of the course is completely awesome, and maybe as challenging and enjoyable as any I've ever played out of 210+ over the last 17 years, but it looks like absolute crap.

I agree with you, my point is that the location does not preclude a good course.

from the pdga's facebook

attachment.php

Who made those baskets? I like how deep the cage is.

So that's Badlands Disc Golf in Wayne, AB, huh? Too bad there's only one picture on the home page. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4747 Sounds like an interesting course by the description and review. The course informatiion and review both say tone poles. So looks like the course has been upgraded to baskets.

I'm not 100% sure, but the actual "basket" part looks like Designer Pro baskets I've seen before at Timberlink in PA. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=278 I think that the Fly 18 rubber tee company works with these baskets. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:
I hope Amenz doesn't get mad at me for posting this but...this is going to be a DG hole in the near future. The arrow shows roughly where the basket is going to go. Play it safe with a RHBH hyzer around the trees to the right of the creek or bomb it over the water. I tried a RHFH over the water.

I failed.

:doh:

Fortunately, the water is not that deep so getting a disc back is not impossible. I got mine back and didn't even have to get wet. And yes, that picnic table is going to get moved.

Attachments

• sNumber 7 long.jpg
    sNumber 7 long.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 214
I agree with you, my point is that the location does not preclude a good course.

I don't know about that. Both of the points you made sound like terrible places for courses. Trash coming up from the ground, armed guards with full auto weapons next door to a course? Neither of these things sounds good to me.

I don't know about that. Both of the points you made sound like terrible places for courses. Trash coming up from the ground, armed guards with full auto weapons next door to a course? Neither of these things sounds good to me.

I'll concede the former, but the latter is something I have not experienced.

I'll concede the former, but the latter is something I have not experienced.

Even without armed guards and fences you could loose your disc over where you might get shot for retreving it, I still don't like the idea of playing right next to a nucular power plant. Maby it's too many episodes of the Simpsons and worrying there may be a Homer Simpson working there, maby it's just the wonder of how much I would be being exposed to just hanging out there, but one way or another, I don't think that course is going to be finding it's way into my played list anytime soon.