• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

New Year's Day. Too sick to play so I tossed a few from my open sliding glass door in the dining room.

483952_4214845652581_722368404_n.jpg

I really do need to learn how to putt.

I thought you did really well, because I saw the 2 that were on the basket. Then I saw the others behind it :p

winter and summer in Western New York : )

I friggin' LOVE Shore Winds! One of the most, if not THE most, scenic courses I've played. It really is the Pebble Beach of disc golf. If hole 13 doesn't pucker yer hole, nothing will!

I thought you did really well, because I saw the 2 that were on the basket. Then I saw the others behind it :p

Thanks. Actually there are 6 in the basket and 1 on top. But a dozen missed. It was the wooziness of my cold. Honest. :D

Sean, they've put concrete on all the blue teeboxes at the Blue Course. Shorewinds really is the Pebble Beach of disc golf.

No snow here...

All these snow pictures are making me jealous, and I'm sure most of the snowed in people wish you were here in sunny FL.
So here's a shot of my 2 year old granddaughter, (the future of disc golf) taken yesterday.
Although she's not much of a threat now with an average drive of 3 feet, and an occasional roller of 10+ feet, Her putting game is superb, with 100% accuracy from 1 foot or less!

free image hosting

I friggin' LOVE Shore Winds! One of the most, if not THE most, scenic courses I've played. It really is the Pebble Beach of disc golf. If hole 13 doesn't pucker yer hole, nothing will!

De Laveaga will always be the Pebble Beach of disc golf.

Is there even water at Dela? I know you like your course, but look at the Shorewinds Blue Course in Western NY.... Pebble Beach.:doh:

Is there even water at Dela? I know you like your course, but look at the Shorewinds Blue Course in Western NY.... Pebble Beach.:doh:

IIRC, no water hazards at Dela.

I looked at the pics for Shorewinds Blue, but didn't see a significant amount of holes where water comes into play. Maybe the pics are deceiving? :confused:

In my experience, West Lake Park in Iowa was easily the course with the most water hazard issues. I believe at least 10-12 of 24 holes included some kind of water. Of course, it was super windy when I played it.

The coolest thing about todays trip to Maryland...

My first ever hot stamp design for Bob Lewis back around 1991. I don't remember how many were made but I never got one before they all sold out. Which kinda bummed me.

Fast forward 22 years...

I find an Aviar Putter (Never Thrown) with my design on it. Now I have a disc to go with the mini I have saved all these years.

FDGA2_zps2ca508ba.jpg

From the pics, Shorewinds doesn't even look like you should be going over the water, just that it's intimidating on the side.

The most water hazard heavy course I've played is Aquatic Park, where you're probably throwing over the water on about 6 holes out of 18.

My favorite water hole is definitely Jordan Creek #18 (where you have to go over water twice).

The coolest thing about todays trip to Maryland...

My first ever hot stamp design for Bob Lewis back around 1991. I don't remember how many were made but I never got one before they all sold out. Which kinda bummed me.

Fast forward 22 years...

I find an Aviar Putter (Never Thrown) with my design on it. Now I have a disc to go with the mini I have saved all these years.

FDGA2_zps2ca508ba.jpg

that's your stamp awesome! check it out

400514_2902476763939_1321058205_3172533_131007105_n.jpg

that was a nice round.

Saw where you're from. That's cool... my brother in law works in Rochester. That's why I've been to Maine and New Hampshire to play some of the courses up there. Good times and fun courses!

I actually lent some bug spray to a couple guys at Boom Field 2 years ago when I was there. Flies don't bite around here like the do up there so it was funny that I had bug spray on me just in case. Don't know what that has to do with anything... it's just my Boom story.

Last edited:
Awesome dye job from fellow DGCR member bigmanbailye.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3074.jpg
    IMG_3074.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 568

Latest posts