• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

jpx75i.jpg

gifted a disc to girlfriend, becomes part of girl decor for the moment. lovely downtown des moines in background.

(I forget what the disc is. some pink 150s shallow blunt nosed mid, a westside maybe)

.... I did debate cool dg photo or not cool dg photo on this one.

^^. love big cheque

2q2lh85.jpg

Pleasant field work via bike to nice spots. local sports complex that has open pads alongside basic kids soccer fields/open area. pile of dx rocs, star tee birds, pinnacle cannons and one dx aviar.

new to me bike for keeping up with girlfriend. early 80s Panasonic Pro Touring. rims and cheese seat seem to be about only modern replacements. just starting to ride it and dialing in some adjustments. 50/44/28 Sugino AT crankset and the Shimano rear end working real good so far. ... UE boom 2 speaker, i highly recommend

Those Sugino cranks are the bomb. The new stuff is so chunky and ugly. Give me some old-school stuff like that anytime. I still have an old French TA set around somewhere. That was cool too.

Frame might be a little big for you. Be careful on the dismount.....

^^. love big cheque

2q2lh85.jpg

Pleasant field work via bike to nice spots. local sports complex that has open pads alongside basic kids soccer fields/open area. pile of dx rocs, star tee birds, pinnacle cannons and one dx aviar

How do you keep the discs stacked so nicely while riding? ;)

inb4 someone gives you grief for only having 10 posts per page...

… I do too. I tried to have more awhile back but watching my comp have a conniption fit trying to load 20+vids at the same time got old pretty quick, lol.

Basket Pyramid and Parade Float

We made this basket pyramid to throw at for prizes during tournaments at the Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club. The skirt and steps can be removed so we can also pull it with our golf cart at local parades. Should be a fun way to hand out minis and advertise the course to some folks who have never played disc golf before.

Pyramid HDR ME 20190322_093138.jpg

^^^^

Way to pick your posts paul2432, 2.5 posts per year for right at 11 years. And you are the first post on page 400, I am so jealous dude.

We made this basket pyramid to throw at for prizes during tournaments at the Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club. The skirt and steps can be removed so we can also pull it with our golf cart at local parades. Should be a fun way to hand out minis and advertise the course to some folks who have never played disc golf before.

View attachment 67896

During the parade, you need to have volunteers ahead of the trailer handing out putters.

Hand out minis. Makes win a putter

We figure we'll attach a Flying Armadillo banner below the baskets and decorate the golf cart and trailer to match the theme of the parade. During the parade a couple of players will walk behind the float throwing putters into the baskets. For some folks it may be the first time they've seen a disc golf basket or anyone throw a disc at it. We also plan to have a couple of kids walk along handing out minis with the Flying Armadillo logo on them, hoping that some who get one will come check our courses. It would be great to get a sponsor help pay for the minis, perhaps Dynamic Discs since the 6 baskets were made by them. After the parade we'll tow the pyramid back to the course where it will be used during tournaments.

This is looking back towards the tee from my drive lie. 405 ft par 4 with a bit of ceiling and and heavy woods/bog left and right.

Ended up 5 ft past the basket for a drop in Eagle 2.

Maybe not the coolest thing ever, but it made me happy.

Attachments

• 58F772B1-ECAC-4ADC-A5FA-36A02CE6520B.jpg
    58F772B1-ECAC-4ADC-A5FA-36A02CE6520B.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 93
This is looking back towards the tee from my drive lie. 405 ft par 4 with a bit of ceiling and and heavy woods/bog left and right.

Ended up 5 ft past the basket for a drop in Eagle 2.

Maybe not the coolest thing ever, but it made me happy.

What course?