• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

I don't suppose that's a Champ XCaliber?

My guess is that as temperatures change, The stone and the plastic expand/contract at different rates, such that for a period of time, the crack opens up a little bit more relative to the disc.

If that course gets a significant amount of traffic, Good chance somebody comes along and tries to pull the disc out at the right time, when it's just loose enough.

But it would be cool if it were wedged despite everyone's best efforts to free it. If someone manages to pull it out, you oughta nickname them King Arthur.

Last edited:
This scenic view caught my attention. Fall colors, rock wall breaker, river in the background, and the red concrete tee pad belongs to #9 long Munden Point in Virginia Beach. The only thing missing was on strong wind days the water spray coming over the wall.The photo is being taken thru my gap of choice when playing the tee pad.

Attachments

• 20231110_093213.jpg
    20231110_093213.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Ran into this group of about 30 or so dressed up like Santa Claus, Santa's helpers, or the Grinch having a good'ol time playing mob golf at Hudson Mills Original today. Caught up to them a few holes later, and I don't think I've seen that much IPA in one spot in my entire life. Took me a minute to realize I knew a couple of them. They're actually a league, and this is a fund raiser for Gleaner's food bank.

Seeing this group of (very merry) Santas coming down the fairway after they teed off made my freakin' day, so I gladly went to the Gleaner's home page to donate a few bucks. If this pic makes you smile, I've included links for Gleaner's as well as No Kid Hungry, should you feel so inclined.

1000000710.jpg

Last edited:
Fortunate timing to catch that spectacular shot of those 3 deer trotting across that particular fairway.

Fortunate timing to catch that spectacular shot of those 3 deer trotting across that particular fairway.
I didn't even see them until afterwards, total accident, they totally photo bombed me! This was late September this year, there was a ton of them all over the course.

Hole 3 at Heritage Trails
attachment.php
I installed the long teepad late last year. This course is always beautiful in the fall.

Attachments

• F39432D6-D355-48E9-95EA-4740129CD29D.jpeg
    F39432D6-D355-48E9-95EA-4740129CD29D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
The left side is the same! I have to talk the county into widening the fairways next spring. The tall prairie grass is the second biggest complaint behind the slippery plastic teepads.
Looks like I'm going Buzzz flat and straight and giving up any chance of birdie so I can keep my disc, I don't want any part of that tall prairie grass!

On a downhill shot that you need to land in the center, it is best to use a midrange. Personally I would use my old beat up KC Roc or my light weight Classic Roc depending on the wind.

It's funny to see people throw distance drivers off elevated tee shots only to have them go so far left or right. I take my Classic Roc, or even my Aviar Putter and just throw it straight down the hill.

On a downhill shot that you need to land in the center, it is best to use a midrange. Personally I would use my old beat up KC Roc or my light weight Classic Roc depending on the wind.

It's funny to see people throw distance drivers off elevated tee shots only to have them go so far left or right. I take my Classic Roc, or even my Aviar Putter and just throw it straight down the hill.
That makes sense, I took my whole bag, plus my field work bag up on a hillside, just to watch them sail to the field below. It didn't take long to notice all my drivers were still fading off, some sooner then others. Then I got to my Mids and they sailed straight until they hit the ground, pretty satisfying!
I thought that meant that I just have Mid-range power!! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts