• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf winter photo

I never come up with very solid plans, just do things when I feel like doing them.

And BRP in the winter? Awesome, I had a great time and would highly recommend it.

Well, if you ever find your self in the Brainerd/Baxter area you need to PM me for a round then. I travel all over MN (usually in two hour range) to play. I played St. Cloud yesterday but was only in town for about 6 hours.

I think I will make a trip out there. All of my tossers here in Brainerd probably won't come with though. They like playing but not as much so in the winter and not sure if they would pay to play a snow round...

Thanks for the recomendation!

Well, if you ever find your self in the Brainerd/Baxter area you need to PM me for a round then. I travel all over MN (usually in two hour range) to play. I played St. Cloud yesterday but was only in town for about 6 hours.

I think I will make a trip out there. All of my tossers here in Brainerd probably won't come with though. They like playing but not as much so in the winter and not sure if they would pay to play a snow round...

Thanks for the recomendation!

I would, but if there was a shload of snow out there probably not. I assume the BRP staff does some kind of snow removal?

I would, but if there was a shload of snow out there probably not. I assume the BRP staff does some kind of snow removal?

I know the pads are cleaned but I am unaware of any further snow removal efforts. I assume they get pretty packed down from usage though.

I tried the streamers this weekend, thinking I would hate it... Not bad, really. Discs seemed to fly right, and spotting a buried disc from 50 ft. away was very nice.

Can say we would have lost some without 'em. Deep, fluffy snow that day. Instead, no troops were left behind!

I tried the streamers this weekend, thinking I would hate it... Not bad, really. Discs seemed to fly right, and spotting a buried disc from 50 ft. away was very nice.

Can say we would have lost some without 'em. Deep, fluffy snow that day. Instead, no troops were left behind!

I've been thinking of trying that. We don't get a lot of snow around here though. And in that pic, yes there were beer cans but they were not mine, unfortunately. My morning round yesterday consisted of picking up a lot of trash from all the people sledding the night before... Broken sleds left right where they broke, beer cans, plastic, gloves, anything. I needed a beer after that round.

idlewild11.jpg

idlewild16b.jpg

I've been thinking of trying that. We don't get a lot of snow around here though. And in that pic, yes there were beer cans but they were not mine, unfortunately. My morning round yesterday consisted of picking up a lot of trash from all the people sledding the night before... Broken sleds left right where they broke, beer cans, plastic, gloves, anything. I needed a beer after that round.

Sounds like you earned one. Good Karma, my friend!

What course? It's a beaut'!

Nice pic!

I had a wierd day like this once except it was overcast. Everything was blue! Lasted for about 30 minutes then normal color returned.

And my wife saw it too so it wasn't me! :p

Now that you mentioned the blue, I went back to the picture again. I can imagine the snow being foamy water in the right frame of mind. Think of a big wave coming over the horizon.

Thanks for prompting me to check it out again!

Some. I run a radio station. Anytime it snows, the whole community shuts down. All the TV news focuses on Atlanta and the local paper is a weekly. With it being a mountain community, my radio station is the only source for information on closings, road conditions, weather and the changing situations.

I can't afford to not be able to be at work so as soon as a system begins to move in, I get a hotel room about a half mile from the station. I only go to the room to shower and get about 3-4 hours of sleep when the station in being covered by other staff.

We only have 4 full time staff members.

Stir Crazy, a little...but its the one time we shine...bad weather...

All work and no play... You know the rest.

Well, if you ever find your self in the Brainerd/Baxter area you need to PM me for a round then.

I haven't played any of the courses in that area, if it's worth coming up that way, I'll make a trip up there this spring for sure, I think I should make one of my goals this year to play ever course in MN.

BRP staff and volunteers do a great job of clearing off the tee pads, and plowing the fairways. Makes it for a very nice round, occasionally had to spend time looking for stray discs off the fairway, but easier than most rounds I've played this winter as far as finding discs goes.

So far this year I've played 11 days of DG, all of them in the snow - it's awesome.