• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

32096149891_4d1c3febed_z.jpg

Never would have seen this from the bank from which I threw from. Maybe as I played four holes later and had a horrendous throw I would have seen it from the other bank. I only found it because I was walking down the middle of the creek.

Apparently my discs will do anything to get lost. That clearly does not make me happy, and it makes me worry about my discs' temperament.

Thought this qualifies as a NOT COOL DISC GOLF PHOTO since it's of my ankle currently...So yeah, even though the last two days have been really nice for Michigan weather in the winter I've been laid up with this monstrosity. I slipped on some ice a couple of weeks ago and managed to not only break several bones in my ankle but dislocate it as well. Had surgery which apparently included some metal bits. On the bright side at least I haven't needed my super duper strong pain meds since Christmas day. I'll know a lot more this coming Tuesday for my post-op appointment.

Thank goodness for oodles of sick days at work.

How did your post op go? Healing up okay?

How did your post op go? Healing up okay?

Not bad I guess. Doctor gave me a walking boot but said I am not to put any weight on it for at least another 4 weeks. My doctor is a tease. But at the end of this month I'll have another appointment and x-rays and we'll see how that goes. I suspect I'll be on crutches until mid-February. Doc said my injury was "weird" as in usually when this happens you break that bone rather than this one. I did not follow and don't really care to be honest. I just want to get healed ASAP lol.

I am starting to think being on crutches might possibly help with my drives...hmmmm....

-Dave

Bummer alert! It's not like this hole was any sort of masterpiece to begin with, but at least the trees on the right were full enough to prevent the easy RHBH hyzer line.

Is that electrical tape? Electrical tape does not work well in the cold. Use duct tape and make sure the disc is warm and clean when you put it on. Then let it get cold before you use it so that you don't get ice sticking to the disc.

Is that electrical tape? Electrical tape does not work well in the cold. Use duct tape and make sure the disc is warm and clean when you put it on. Then let it get cold before you use it so that you don't get ice sticking to the disc.

yes, duct tape... I like to use a lighter to heat up the tape (once affixed) a little too... that seems to help the tape stick a bit better

but oh man... what a "not cool" shot indeed

yes, duct tape... I like to use a lighter to heat up the tape (once affixed) a little too... that seems to help the tape stick a bit better

but oh man... what a "not cool" shot indeed

Yup reminds of playing at night when a drive hits a tree and I can see the LED gently floating to the ground just knowing there is no longer a disc attached to it.:thmbdown:

It was duct tape. Started peeling of around hole 6. I nursed it for the rest of the round. It finally came off on the 17th. Snow was working its way under the edges and when duct tape gets wet it does not stick.

I was thinking electrical tape might work better because it is water proof and flexible. Sounds like it isn't.

My buddy refused to use a ribbon. Lost his disc on hole 2. He put one on after that. The ribbons worked fantastic in the 15" of powder. Every other shot was buried with just the end of the ribbon poking out.

It was duct tape. Started peeling of around hole 6. I nursed it for the rest of the round. It finally came off on the 17th. Snow was working its way under the edges and when duct tape gets wet it does not stick.

I was thinking electrical tape might work better because it is water proof and flexible. Sounds like it isn't.

My buddy refused to use a ribbon. Lost his disc on hole 2. He put one on after that. The ribbons worked fantastic in the 15" of powder. Every other shot was buried with just the end of the ribbon poking out.

use hockey tape

Bummer alert! It's not like this hole was any sort of masterpiece to begin with, but at least the trees on the right were full enough to prevent the easy RHBH hyzer line.

that looks like some serious pruning... I wonder what prompted it?

My conversational Japanese wasnt good enough to ask, their conversational English wasn't good enough to tell.

Yup reminds of playing at night when a drive hits a tree and I can see the LED gently floating to the ground just knowing there is no longer a disc attached to it.:thmbdown:
There's another "oh $h!t" moment. The "whack" of disc meets tree, followed by the rather different trajectory of an LED you can just tell is no longer attached to something as massive as the disc.

To Noill's point: I've found heating duct tape with a blow dryer works quite well for ribbons.

What's left of those trees you're referring to down the right side reminds me of schefflera/umbrella trees that grew in front of the house I grew up in.