• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

I was thinking electrical tape might work better because it is water proof and flexible. Sounds like it isn't.

As an electritian I will tell you, electrical tape, even the good expensive stuff, is all garbage for anything, but electrical work. It sticks to itself and pretty much nothing else. If you wound it 4+ times around the entire disc it would probably stay, but it would never stay with just a patch on the bottom.

Invest in the good duct tape. It might leave a residue when you take it off, but rubbing alcohol usually will get it off.

Culturally reductive and insensitive much? You a big Washington DC Football fan? Or Cleveland baseball?

I've accidently done much worse. It's customary to eat lunch together and share treats with friends on the course like cookies or fruit. Once, I brought a box of individually wrapped coffee flavored hard candies (n!ps) to share with my crew of regulars, while being totally oblivious as to how the name could be recieved as a racial slur.... try fail. The worst part was that the half dozen or so of these players kept trying to properly pronounce the name in English over and over again. Luckily, nobody seemed to be outwardly offended. They've recieved cookies from me ever since.

I've accidently done much worse. It's customary to eat lunch together and share treats with friends on the course like cookies or fruit. Once, I brought a box of individually wrapped coffee flavored hard candies (n!ps) to share with my crew of regulars, while being totally oblivious as to how the name could be recieved as a racial slur.... try fail. The worst part was that the half dozen or so of these players kept trying to properly pronounce the name in English over and over again. Luckily, nobody seemed to be outwardly offended. They've recieved cookies from me ever since.

Next time offer some of these:

Attachments

• atomic fireball.jpg
    atomic fireball.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 77

Same kind of thing happened with my buddies. Playing a typical tightly wooded course, my drive barely hit a tree and deflected right under the basket. One of my buddies with a southern accent exclaimed "nice nicker!". We decided that although he was commenting on my good fortune, the term "nicker" would be replaced with "treebound".

IMG_20170120_173001117_zpshvuaej0m.jpg

My StarLite Teebird, halfway down a 40-ft drainage pipe.

IMG_20170120_173001117_zpshvuaej0m.jpg

My StarLite Teebird, halfway down a 40-ft drainage pipe.

Been there done that. I carry some aluminum tent poles in my car which measure 13 ft. each. Tape two together with a small piece of tie wire taped to the end makes for easy retrieval. Also a 30' fat max tape measure works well also.

......................a 30' fat max tape measure works well also.

I second the 30' fat max, as I'm too old to be climbing trees and too inaccurate with a baseball or water bottle. It has also been useful to "flip up" those inconveniently entangled underwater discs so that my golden retriever can get a purchase instead of sliding over the top. Good idea on the tent poles although I haven't gone that far yet.

Anyone know how this should have played if they decided to take this shot? I think it is unplayable lie so you can take it from above the spot where it ended up or maybe a meter back from the pipe entrance...

Assuming above the pipe is not OB, play it there with no penalty. If above pipe is OB, play from approximate last place it was in bounds with penalty. Or, in either case, rethrow with penalty.

Latest posts