• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

attachment.php

Attachments

• Swope Park.jpg
    Swope Park.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 651
It was an older disc. Maybe 2001ish. Never sat in the sun though. Just old I guess. Maybe it's time to update my discs again

A Course Owner's Work is NEVER Done!

I just posted a pic in the "cool photo" thread for a similar issue. This one, though, is just me complaining.

Having a course at my house, KMDGC, is great! But here's fairway #12 with a couple new obstacles. :\ The basket is hard to see, but it's just left of center, about half way up.

Good thing I like being outside, even if it does mean breaking out the chainsaw and wood splitter! :D

picture.php

(Sorry about the image quality. Crappy cell phone pic got washed out by the sun.)

I just posted a pic in the "cool photo" thread for a similar issue. This one, though, is just me complaining.

Having a course at my house, KMDGC, is great! But here's fairway #12 with a couple new obstacles. :\ The basket is hard to see, but it's just left of center, about half way up.

Good thing I like being outside, even if it does mean breaking out the chainsaw and wood splitter! :D

picture.php

(Sorry about the image quality. Crappy cell phone pic got washed out by the sun.)

Bonfire glow round!! :D

My buddy gets his disc hung up in a tree. After he throws his water bottle at it 5-6 times. I said "Let me give it a try"..........:doh:

Reminds me of getting a ball stuck in a tree as a kid. Before you knew it everyone was out there chucking stuff up into the tree, and none if it came down... tennis balls, a frisbee, baseballs, a wiffle ball bat, a baseball glove or two, a football...all stuck up in the damned tree. That was about 35 years ago, and I still remember it.

post deleted

Last edited:

Just leave it as is. Changes the hole a little.
In 3 years it'll be mostly gone.

Just leave it as is. Changes the hole a little.
In 3 years it'll be mostly gone.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but this is in an area that needs mowed frequently. Unfortunately, the only way to get a mower on the other side of the tree is to remove it.

Plus this is already a tough hole from the longer tees and I think that the tree would punish otherwise good throws.

Your idea was tempting, though. :hfive:

So playing Friday in 20 mph wind with 50 mph gusts, my rancho roc got blown into a tree on 16 at Zebulon. I threw sticks at it for 20 minutes and only managed to get the sticks stuck as well. So I left it while i played back to my car to get some rope and carabiners.
Second round my buddy, the disc finding king, showed up. We get back to 16 he throws 1 stick and gets it down.

Attachments

• Rancho Roc.jpg
    Rancho Roc.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 173
Salient quality strikes again. This is the 6th basket that has broken due to natural conditions. This was from a 20-25mph wind.
What happened?
a) Was it installed poorly, or...
b) Did the pole break/buckle?

I've played on DiscNation Liberty baskets before...can't imagine winds less than hurricane force would break the pole.

Last edited:
What happened?

I've played on DiscNation Liberty baskets before...can't imagine winds less than hurricane force would break the pole.
From what I could tell the pole and/or the locking sleeve snapped due to wind. They're made from cheap metals all the way around.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What happened?

I have two of the Liberty baskets from before Salient was involved. They are heavy duty. I assume Salient cheapened them up.

I have both Liberty baskets... DiscNation and Salient. They are not interchangeable...meaning, you can't take the pole from one and use it on the other... Salient changed the diameter of the pole a bit... So weird... Must have found discount parts to assemble a Liberty-like basket.

Though, I can't see how wind could have done that... it's still metal after all...

Latest posts