• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post here being used to build cases against disc golf

We do it to ourselves. Us having this watchdog is something we need. It might stop us from destroying out sport. And also might curtail other negative actions taking place by us. Good for them.

Haters going to hate no mater what we do. Ef him.

He probably took a girl disc golfing and she decided to date the BMX guy instead.

what probably happened is that he was just getting into the game when he "niced" someone's shot and got his head shoved into some cholla cactus

All this jerk talk is Jamaican me hungry for some chicken

Speaking of which, no servin' chicken at a park... ya might choke someone to death.

While were at it, no kite flying, lawn darts, bocce ball, croquet, baseball, soccer, football, water ballon fights, climbing trees/rocks, horse shoes, walking your (potential run-away and/or attack) dog, playgrounds, boating, skating, competitive games of almost all types - racing, capture the flag, freeze tag, etc., and the list goes on...

Yes, you must use the multi-use parks for exactly what the hippies dictate. Except not too many at a time. They need to be able to leave the path for their extra curricular activities without being seen.

Speaking of which, no servin' chicken at a park... ya might choke someone to death.

While were at it, no kite flying, lawn darts, bocce ball, croquet, baseball, soccer, football, water ballon fights, climbing trees/rocks, horse shoes, walking your (potential run-away and/or attack) dog, playgrounds, boating, skating, competitive games of almost all types - racing, capture the flag, freeze tag, etc., and the list goes on...

don't forget corn hole!

I'm placing a flyer of the Polliwog incident story on my course's bulletin board, along with a message to state the obvious and exercise caution before they throw. I've also mentioned SMP by name. The more every DG'ers knows about these loons and their agenda, the better.

I'm placing a flyer of the Polliwog incident story on my course's bulletin board, along with a message to state the obvious and exercise caution before they throw. I've also mentioned SMP by name. The more every DG'ers knows about these loons and their agenda, the better.

Sounds like a really good idea, care to share the flyer here for others to do the same?

While these militant anti-DG knuckleheads need to get a life, we should acknowledge that we are bringing some of this on ourselves by allowing courses to be installed where they present a real hazard to other users of the park.

There was a recent review of Resoft Park in Alvin, TX that spoke to that, and the pictures confirm that this course never should have been installed when walking paths and playground equipment are in the line of play. Same with a new course around here that I reviewed - Tipp City in Dayton. There are many other examples - heck, even Idlewild has a few spots where you have to be really careful.

Of course I would expect walkers who are wandering in our fairways away from playgrounds and picnic tables to watch out and they should accept a fair amount of responsibility if they are hit, but when they are using defined walking paths, or for God's sake, watching their kids play baseball on a defined field then the problem is primarily ours.

Sure, we all want to see as many DG courses in the ground as possible to give us more playing options, but if we keep stuffing them in "multi-use" parks like this then we are going to have to deal with the Green wackos citing these sort of accidents to justify their "save the flora and fauna" cries. In fact, in the more extreme examples like Resoft, we should be the first to declare it unplayable and explain to the appropriate officials that someone could get hurt. IMO that would only help our larger cause...

Sounds like a really good idea, care to share the flyer here for others to do the same?
I can, but some of the info on the flyer is park specific. I'd have to find an editable format to upload it in so people could change it for their course.

Or really, they could just do what I did by copy-pasting the article and adding local info accordingly.

While these militant anti-DG knuckleheads need to get a life, we should acknowledge that we are bringing some of this on ourselves by allowing courses to be installed where they present a real hazard to other users of the park.

There was a recent review of Resoft Park in Alvin, TX that spoke to that, and the pictures confirm that this course never should have been installed when walking paths and playground equipment are in the line of play. Same with a new course around here that I reviewed - Tipp City in Dayton. There are many other examples - heck, even Idlewild has a few spots where you have to be really careful.

Of course I would expect walkers who are wandering in our fairways away from playgrounds and picnic tables to watch out and they should accept a fair amount of responsibility if they are hit, but when they are using defined walking paths, or for God's sake, watching their kids play baseball on a defined field then the problem is primarily ours.

Sure, we all want to see as many DG courses in the ground as possible to give us more playing options, but if we keep stuffing them in "multi-use" parks like this then we are going to have to deal with the Green wackos citing these sort of accidents to justify their "save the flora and fauna" cries. In fact, in the more extreme examples like Resoft, we should be the first to declare it unplayable and explain to the appropriate officials that someone could get hurt. IMO that would only help our larger cause...

Well stated. :thmbup:

Sadly, this little personal crusade will get him nowhere. The sport will continue to grow regardless of what happens in his backyard.

I think the city had proposed to build one and then this guy and others freaked out because they are park walkers and have crazy environmental issues where they think people walking around throwing discs is terrible on the eco system. Anyone remember that thread where the guy thought chips off of discs into the trees would pollute the parks with bits of plastic? Yeah that was funny.

This sounds similar to the park district in my city. The best park in the city and we can't put up a course because of walkers and the "flow of people"
http://www.springfieldparks.org/parks/washington/

Latest posts