• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post here being used to build cases against disc golf

SF is an awesome place, except for the 49ers fans...and that's coming from a southerner so...

I was thinking the same thing about the Seattle area. It wasn't too bad around here until a year or so ago when the "life long" Seahawks fans broke out their Seahawks gear from whatever cave they were hiding it in. :D

I really don't like anybody that is so far one sided that they can't even see the other side. While I disagree with most of what that site stands for, I can see the beef. The problem is, most of their points can be disregarded with a pretty simple fix. Better course designers.

IMO; playgrounds should not come into play, sidewalks should only come in to play if they are clearly visible(not blind shots,heavy vegetation,etc), trees should not be placed within 10 ft of a t-box unless they are protected, and dger's should be more vocal about dangerous courses.

^ Well that's part of the issue, the DG'ers with the mindset of take it or leave it (which wasn't the case from what I recall about this course) and the locals who refuse to even engage in civilized dialogue.

The problem is, most of their points can be disregarded with a pretty simple fix. Better course designers.

IMO; playgrounds should not come into play, sidewalks should only come in to play if they are clearly visible(not blind shots,heavy vegetation,etc), trees should not be placed within 10 ft of a t-box unless they are protected, and dger's should be more vocal about dangerous courses.
Another problem is that sometimes courses go into parks where these things that should not come into play aren't there initially and you at that point have a generally safe design. Then those walking paths and playgrounds and whatnot get added later to make the park's investment of maintaining the disc golf area worthwhile. Too many parks departments who aren't quite up to speed on disc golf seem to think along the lines of "It's a frisbee. What harm could it do?".