• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Here for longest time playing without an ace

I'm at or around 10 years....I don't let it get to me too much though, sure it would be nice...but I've gotten to think that there's as much luck as there is skill involved in getting an ace anyway and one of these days I'll get that right gust of wind that will put it in there for me!
It used to bother me more before I started getting so many long shotsunder my belt...I've probably hit 6 or 7 from 150-200 so far this year, I'm not sure an ace would feel much better than that!

None......didn't really get so serious about it until right before this summer though.

just over 3 months of playing and haven't been close to getting a ace on long or short holes.

The guy who taught me to play is still ace-less after 3 yrs. He watched me hit one at highbridge last weekend, the first he's ever witnessed... (it was my second)

I know, Im a jerk for cracking a bottle of Whiskey at your support group meeting, but I couldnt help it.

no aces. deflected off the top of the basket once in 4 years...

Hi my names Paul and I'm a non-aceaholic.

None. Hit the pole twice, the bottom of the basket once and the top of the basket once. :( About a dozen drop in birdies from 180'-328' :) So close, and yet...

But believe me when that day comes everyone within a 5 mile radius will here me roar. :D

I don't get frustrated by it. I believe there is a sliding scale of luck vs skill. The more you play, the more you improve, the farther to the skill side the scale leans. I don't think even the best get 100% on the skill side.

If you throw it, it will cha-ching.

How about 30 years?

I had plenty on short object courses back in the day, and I didn't play more than once every couple of years from 1986 to 2006, but have yet to have one on a regulation target.

Next time I'm in Asheville (wife's family's up there) with some time on my hands, though, I'm going to play as much as possible at Black Mountain to try to rectify that. There's at least three holes on my home course (East Roswell Park) that are readily reachable and that I've parked tee shots on plenty of times, just haven't hit 'em just right yet. But the entire front nine and some of the back nine should be possible at Black Mountain.

Latest posts