• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

My baby girl, Madison is the yellow lab on the right. She was one of the best dogs anyone could ask for. You couldn't even get her to go outside without her tennis ball. She used to carry her own pack when she went backpacking with me. But she came down with bone cancer at the end of last summer and I had to put her down. She was almost 12 so she did better than a lot of them do. One of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. Still dealing with it. Now its just me and my shepherd, Sarge. Hes about 12 now. I adopted both of them when they were puppies and they were already named. Its funny because they have polar opposite personalities. My lab was my shadow. She lived for adventure and nothing was ever too cold, too muddy or too wet! But my Shepherd on the other hand? lol I really love him too but he is such a fair weather dog. He doesnt like hot or cold, hates water. He wants to hang out under the shade tree and thats about it!

Attachments

• pups.jpg
    pups.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 65
My baby girl, Madison is the yellow lab on the right. She was one of the best dogs anyone could ask for. You couldn't even get her to go outside without her tennis ball. She used to carry her own pack when she went backpacking with me. But she came down with bone cancer at the end of last summer and I had to put her down. She was almost 12 so she did better than a lot of them do. One of the hardest things I've ever dealt with. Still dealing with it. Now its just me and my shepherd, Sarge. Hes about 12 now. I adopted both of them when they were puppies and they were already named. Its funny because they have polar opposite personalities. My lab was my shadow. She lived for adventure and nothing was ever too cold, too muddy or too wet! But my Shepherd on the other hand? lol I really love him too but he is such a fair weather dog. He doesnt like hot or cold, hates water. He wants to hang out under the shade tree and thats about it!

Man do I hate thinking about having to make that decision. I'm very sorry to hear about this, my friend. My pup is only 1, so I am so very eager to explore and make memories with her! Mika definitely has a lab spirit. Can't beat going home to a friend that is excited to see you every day. Probably one of the best parts of my day. Can't wait for it to dry up around here to get on the course!

Losing a dog is rough, especially when you lose a good one. And Madison sounds like she was a great dog.

The only comfort I can provide is that the memories of the experiences you share with your dogs long outlives their too-short lives.

Man do I hate thinking about having to make that decision. I'm very sorry to hear about this, my friend. My pup is only 1, so I am so very eager to explore and make memories with her! Mika definitely has a lab spirit. Can't beat going home to a friend that is excited to see you every day. Probably one of the best parts of my day. Can't wait for it to dry up around here to get on the course!

Thanks! All of the annoying things that a puppy is capable of are the first things you will miss when they are gone! Treasure and cherish every moment. Time flies by. If it weren't for my Shephard needing me. I would not have let her go alone! I am that extreme and I loved her that much but I would never do that to my buddy! Dogs are the greatest creatures to roam this miserable planet! :D

Last edited:
Losing a dog is rough, especially when you lose a good one. And Madison sounds like she was a great dog.

The only comfort I can provide is that the memories of the experiences you share with your dogs long outlives their too-short lives.

Thanks! She was one of the best!

The Spirit of Madison will be with you, always.

Hard to do, but your dog was counting on you to do the right thing for her when you had to, and you did.

I don't take Lilly to the course much anymore, she's 11 y/o now and has a bad knee. Once in awhile i'll still take her but she stays on the leash.
30629711_2041592452526646_105735940139384832_n.jpg

Red Dog by the lake at Muddy Run. This was our third course of the day, and then we met up with friends/family at Baltimore Inner Harbor for a super-crowded light show.

picture.php

Man, I'm sorry for your loss! That is tough, I know how it goes. Losing a furry family member is not easy, especially when they are sick. We just gotta love our doggies while we can. Like George Carlin said, you are buying a heartbreak :(. Even though the joy that dogs bring to your life greatly outweighs the pain. Pups are the best.

I don't take Lilly to the course much anymore, she's 11 y/o now and has a bad knee. Once in awhile i'll still take her but she stays on the leash.
30629711_2041592452526646_105735940139384832_n.jpg
Beautiful dog! Do I detect blue heeler in your pup? They are great discing buddies! My brother's heeler is the most important part of our team! She has saved us countless hours and dollars by finding our discs in the rough.

:clap: Puppy love, everyone!

Beautiful dog! Do I detect blue heeler in your pup? They are great discing buddies! My brother's heeler is the most important part of our team! She has saved us countless hours and dollars by finding our discs in the rough.

:clap: Puppy love, everyone!

Yep! She's blue heeler/lab mix (that's what they told us) but I don't really see the lab in her. She loves people but other dogs, not so much. Unfortunately, she can't find discs either. Only squirrels.

I'd have taken a picture of it, but my pups first disc she ripped up was also a cyclone..... ha!

However, she has since learned to not chew up discs or even goa after them. Makes bringing her on the course that much easier/more enjoyable!

Red Dog by the falls between holes 1 and 2 at Patapsco Valley State Park. Such a fun course.

Took her down to the river to get wet and burn off some energy before the round.

picture.php