• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Unique DG Terminology

When I first played disc golf many moons ago, we had poles instead of baskets. So when someone hits the pole of the basket (not the basket), I will sing out "Old school!"

I throw forehand, so when I throw an anhyzer it is known as a forehanny.

For horrible shots, we sometimes use "What the fu$$ Richard" from the below YouTube video.

http://youtu.be/UBQP9gEldRk

I totally used this last round, i WISH we had the camera rolling because it was a long tunnel and we all pipe it down 300 and the last guy tee's off and grip locks and shanks it like 5 feet from the tee into thick bushes and trees and it took 10 mins to find, RIGHt after the throw I go "WTF RICHARD?!"

it was a good laugh

Dikembe Mutombo or shortened to "No no no" when a disc makes contact with a branch and is redirected straight down or 90+ degrees from good
https://youtu.be/RtXtOuxBuvQ

Decapitating gophers - driving into the ground, often followed by several bill Murray impersonations and caddy shack

Going on an Easter egg hunt - looking for a shank or bad roll into the unknown. Often said to the group behind. "Go ahead and drive we are going on an Easter egg hunt"

Jedi mind trick - when the disc follows the directions shouted at it. "Come back around" "stop there" "miss that tree" "get down"

A new one for our local club:

At our course the Aviary we have Salient Liberty baskets. Since the owner of Salient is a well-known con artists, whenever someone misses a putt or has a spitout we look to the heavens, shake our fists and loudly bemoan: "Killlgguussss!"

Whenever a disc slips through a narrow gap , usually unintentionally, a few guys I play with call it "getting greasy."

When a disc gets yanked through seemingly impenetrable trees, doesn't hit any of them, and still lands favorably--a "seeing-eye" disc.

When a guy throws a 50 ft worm-burner, I often comment--does your husband also play disc golf (sorry ladies, no harm intended).

Latest posts