• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Unique DG Terminology

Im fond of telling a disc to "mcstop". Sometimes mcroll, mcskip. Mccutroll. Mc****. I think the discs listen more often.

There's a local guy here that consistently, and I mean consistently, misses 10' putts low into the front of the basket. His nickname is "Hooner", so anytime someone else low putts to miss from super close, we call it a "Hooner".

MY friends and I used to play a course all the time that had a valley between two holes. As the area between two holes, this was the gooch.

Anyone seen the movie "Snatch"?

Our group calls bouncing a putt off of the yellow ring (chastity belt) a: PIKEY

and everyone knows we hate f**king pikeys.

Clean Livin - a shot flies through the trees/rough without hitting a thing.

Boz - to carefully pitch out of the rough into the fairway to leave an ideal shot without gaining any distance.

Gary - to disappear during a round without telling anyone in the group

Clean Livin - a shot flies through the trees/rough without hitting a thing.

Boz - to carefully pitch out of the rough into the fairway to leave an ideal shot without gaining any distance.

Gary - to disappear during a round without telling anyone in the group

Funny one of my best buddies does this and his name is Gary Goomis.

Hippy: what you call someone when they're nice to nature and miss the trees. Most often used when everyone else on the card hits something.

Where grandmama sh!ts: a place throw to that is so far off the fairway they cannot be seen attempting their next shot

Tree Love - when you hit a tree but get a good bounce

Tree Hate - when you hit a tree and it bounces off into thorny bushes and the like

Mixed Terms

Kickoff - Used in post throw conversation after a disc has hit a tree then spun off but manages to recover and still settles safely on the fairway. :clap:

Pass - Usually thought or even exclaimed at times. A verbal or mental attempt to coax the disc also to reassure the thrower that the disc will carry over the water hazard and make it safely to the fairway on the opposite side. ** Warning ** Using this term does not always work usually when the disc does not listen.:doh:

AngryBird - When a well thown disc aggressively slams into the chains of the target. Usually louder and with more disturbance than the average rattle. No these throws rock the basket and nearly damage it or even threaten to bend the pole. :hfive:

Touchdown - Heard rarely usually used to reference the final throw which finds the basket and ends the round! :thmbup:

Knee'AndOr'Fall' - Not really spoken terms but more expressed through Bellows, Grunts, Whines, Hisses, and other noises that although not verbal exactly they are however still recognized by the thrower or the group as having meaning. Often emotional and deeply felt especially used to express the pain of a poorly thrown disc. :wall:

99- when you throw an awesome looking shot incredibly off target. Named after Rick 'wild thing' Vaughan from major league.

Wow, you really 99ed that one, have to go digging in the grass

I've actually heard another Vaughan inspired line. When someone yanks one off the tee: Juuuuuuuuuust a bit outside.

Recent one, haha My DG buddy name is Robbie , And somebody clipped a branch and went off-course to what looked like a GREAT throw....and he goes "Awww you got Me'd" / "You got Robbed"

Not so much 'unique terminology', but best lines I've heard:

In an ace race event where it doesn't really matter just how bad a 'bad' throw goes, one of our horde grip-locked at least 45 degrees off to the right, and a buddy said, "Huh...I never visualized that line..."

I'm not a huge fan of trash talk, but when a buddy one-ups you by parking his drive inside your 10 foot park job, smiles appropriately and says, "Nice shot...you're out."

"Upshot, baby." (Or, if you're feeling less charitable, "Upshot, bitch".) Said when a less than spectacular drive result leaves you looking like you have no chance of taking the hole, but then an amazing upshot parks it under the basket, while the superior drivers' upshots leave them with little to no chance of a successful putt.

Latest posts