• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pound Carlton bag review

The normal Carlton looks more like it´s wearing a thong ;)

image_1d74b981-8d08-42c1-8646-b47e760a0b4d_grande.jpg

The normal Carlton looks more like it´s wearing a thong ;)
I think that's the older version. Seems like they simplified the paneling.

Not sure which version looks weirder. The one you posted looks like it's wearing a women's swimsuit when the foreskin is pulled back and the urethra is open:

fjUv73c.png

I think that's the older version. Seems like they simplified the paneling

The simplified paneling is just for the stock Carlton to bring the price down, the Custom will still have the "tong" front. . but you can get the bag in one color

if I had the $ to drop on a new bag, I'd love to pick one of these up. but I have a BX15 in use and an old B15 that I should probably try to sell...

still this is an awesome review and good resource for people looking for more info about this bag!

The Custom builder for the Carlton is now live

I´m thinking of something like this...IF Levi can build it

attachment.php

Attachments

• carlton.jpg
    carlton.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
The Custom builder for the Carlton is now live

I´m thinking of something like this...IF Levi can build it

attachment.php

I've used the octothorpe builder probably 100 times. I am continuously so close to pulling the trigger on a custom, and feel like it's a great value over a non-custom to have it just the way you want it and in a super unique color way.

Levi is slaying the top tier of DG bag building. I love everything they're doing.

I have a Octo and a toolbox ( and a grip BX ), so i´m really don´t need the Carlton. . but to have one custom made is SO appealing.. . and SO expensive for me here in Sweden :(

I´m waiting for a reply from Pound on if they can make the bag in the pic above. . ( you can not chose diffrent zipper colors in the builder, so i dont know if i can get it with orange zippers on the side pockets )

A few week ago i asked Pound if they could make the bag in post #25, with the change to the zipper. .. but i never got a reply.

Is that one of the "dont ask" thing you can´t ask them about?

Really want that Carlton but hard to make an order if they don´t reply

Hard to say. They're probably busy trying to get the preorder Carltons out before early June turns into mid or late June.

Checked the pound website, pre-order Carlton bags are in the mail!

I wonder what the Rainfly to the Carlton will look like?

I really want to know that before i order my Carlton, don´t want to pay for shipping to Sweden twice ( if i want the rainfly later )

A few week ago i asked Pound if they could make the bag in post #25, with the change to the zipper. .. but i never got a reply.

Is that one of the "dont ask" thing you can´t ask them about?

Really want that Carlton but hard to make an order if they don´t reply

I don't know if Levi stuck around for the Beaver State Fling, but I saw him everyday at the Portland Open. Maybe he is still on the road promoting the brand and hasn't had time to respond yet. Good luck getting the bag built, I really like the Orange!

Just pulled the trigger on a stock carlton, being shipped out immediately and even got a little surprise coming my way due to special circumstances with my order. Levi provides a 20/10 experience for me and I should have my bag no later than Tuesday

Just got it yesterday and really pleased with the overall design, it is definitely super comfortable and can hold my whole bag utilitizing a bit of the haul pockets. As you can see it looks like Levi adjusted the putter pockets as i can fit 3 putters in there comfortably. I got this bag mainly because unlike any other bag its designed to carry a water bladder which I I need in Texas. After putting everything in, I'm really excited to get to the course I have been a huge fan of top loading backpacks rather than the designs similar to the grip, octo, etc. The bag feels super light even with 23 discs in there with still plenty of space in the center and haul pockets. So far pretty pleased with the purchase and the Carlton will run the summer and winter while my ridge will run the winter and fall unless i decide i need water more than a built in seat

Attachments

• 573E586B-AECA-4ABB-A9EE-45FAE2E8B9F8.jpg
    573E586B-AECA-4ABB-A9EE-45FAE2E8B9F8.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 101
  • D41BCE03-E68D-4BF1-A1DC-B9A3B09910E5.jpg
    D41BCE03-E68D-4BF1-A1DC-B9A3B09910E5.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 97
  • 6E6414CF-869E-4E55-AAEF-4019436935DF.jpg
    6E6414CF-869E-4E55-AAEF-4019436935DF.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 103
With 3 putters in the putter pocket how difficult is it to take out the discs just under the pocket, looks like a very small "gap"

It takes slight maneuvering but the pocket sits high enough where it isn't as much of a problem if I went with a 3 disc sleeve instead. I'm going out for a couple rounds, I'll do some filming and chime in with maiden voyage thoughts later

Last time I took my Carlton out for a round I removed all the discs from the main disc storage and put them in my haul pockets. It holds about the same number of discs and they are easier to see and pull in and out. Then you have the main area to store all your other items. Give it a shot, its nice to have options for storage layout.

Last time I took my Carlton out for a round I removed all the discs from the main disc storage and put them in my haul pockets. It holds about the same number of discs and they are easier to see and pull in and out. Then you have the main area to store all your other items. Give it a shot, its nice to have options for storage layout.

Huh, interesting, I'll give it a shot

Latest posts