• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pound Carlton bag review

I reached out to Levi and he said the bags do not require this treatment. He said he has never had to replace a bag bottom. I get the idea of reinforcing bags because of my previous experience, but he said pound bags are designed specifically to take that abrasion.

Just got a Carlton last week! I've now played three rounds with it.

A few misc. initial impressions:
- Bigger and heavier than I thought. It's the widest bag that I own, which I wasn't expecting. I think it's basically the same footprint as the Octothorpe, but the top corners are cut off to make the triangular shape, and make it look smaller in pictures.

Not sure how you come to this conclusion? The octo has the haul pockets on the outside of the storage pockets, which automatically makes it wider - and that's considering that the main compartment internal storage is the same size (I don't believe it is but don't have them side by side to compare). The carlton looks like a normal back on my back - the octo looked like I had a suitcase on.

Anyone tried the Carlton with a umbrella?

I have not, but that spot is a great place to carry my kwik stik!

Last edited:
Anyone tried the Carlton with a umbrella?

Will the bag stay upright with an open umbrella in the middle pocket?

Yes and yes. I had it sitting on my stool as well and didn't have any issues. The umbrella stayed put on the stool as well as while wearing or removing the bag.

Are the straps on the Carlton actually detachable/replaceable like the Octothorpe? I know the review video shows there are snaps, but he says it's difficult/impossible to get them off. The description on Pound's website doesn't show them as replaceable.

I am really considering pulling the trigger on one of these before the spring. The older I get, the more I feel like I need to drop some weight and roll with something like a 15-18 disc setup.

Are the straps on the Carlton actually detachable/replaceable like the Octothorpe? I know the review video shows there are snaps, but he says it's difficult/impossible to get them off. The description on Pound's website doesn't show them as replaceable.

I am really considering pulling the trigger on one of these before the spring. The older I get, the more I feel like I need to drop some weight and roll with something like a 15-18 disc setup.

Yea they are replaceable, you just wouldn't want to carelessly yank on them with all your strength. If the snaps are tough then just use a small standard screw driver to pry the snap open so that you don't have to pull hard and risk messing up the fabric.

I keep vacillating between the Octo and the Carlton. I don't need all the storage of the Octo but I'm not sold on the layout of the Carlton.

I really with there was an Octoshort- Same design as an Octo but 30% skinnier. Man, that would be perfect.

I bought both. Honesty, I think the overall quality of the Carlton was lesser than the Octo, especially the shoulder straps.

I bought both. Honesty, I think the overall quality of the Carlton was lesser than the Octo, especially the shoulder straps.

I find the straps to be high quality like the octo (same straps from what I can tell) Even if they aren't they should still hold up really well since the bag/load is lighter. I haven't even gotten my straps broken in yet, after 25 rounds or so

Latest posts