• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Powerball gyroscope

I avg about 11,000 every session of used. My max is 12,500 and could never acheive it again.

So I use that . And my new toy the All Around Exerciser to fine tune my muscles some more. and the Equalizer Red will be buying Blue soon need to beef up my arm strength hopefully be hitting 400ft by the end of the summer.

All in a matter of a year of playing this sport.

lmf1030 said:
I avg about 11,000 every session of used. My max is 12,500 and could never acheive it again.

So I use that . And my new toy the All Around Exerciser to fine tune my muscles some more. and the Equalizer Red will be buying Bule soon need to beef up my arm strength hopefully be hitting 400ft by the end of the summer.

All in a matter of a year of playing this sport.

power in throw will not get you 400 often....when you hit 400...it required proper form and technique

:)

congratz guys. I had hoped to break 12k this week but I injured my thumb at work so i havent been able to do much with it the past few days.

I have found the key to breaking 13000 is grip. (my max is a little above 13200) There is a specific grip I use when going for max runs that lets me use the natural bone structure of my hand to create a lock on the lip where the gyro spins inside the holder and on one side of the counter. I was stuck in the 12900's for like an eternity and finding a grip that used these contours to lock into my hand was the only way to get over 13000....and btw 13000 sounds unlike 12900....I can always tell when I have broken 13000 because the pitch is insane and crazy loud. Keep in mind this technique still requires an insanely tight grip and I am still not breaking 13000 every time....and usually when I do it is only by like 10-50 rpms. It has definitely increased my grip strength a LOT!

Ive been slacking lately. I put a mean blister on my right hand pinky with the powerball trying to break 12k. Ive been trying to stay away from it to let it heal. I have been able to keep beraking 11k consitantly, hitting in the 11.3k range fairly easily not. definitly improving grip. well worth the money.

Gunning for 13,000 now.

Or 12,800-12,900.

Seems that I can do well by warming up first, then spind clockwise until it's at around 8,000, then spin counterclockwise really fast.

I'm right there with you swel. Max right now is 11,796. Getting to 11,4-11,5 pretty regularly, but can't seem to crack 12. I can't imagine popping 13, that thing must be just cookin' in your hand.

Try doing some mid rotations for a few minutes clock-wise and anti-clockwise with each hand, starting with your dominant, then when you come back to your dominant, build up slowly to a full crank, then when you're just about peaked going clockwise, go counter-clockwise as fast as you can.

See if it yields any results. That's how I popped into the 12's.

discmonkey42 said:
I'm right there with you swel. Max right now is 11,796. Getting to 11,4-11,5 pretty regularly, but can't seem to crack 12. I can't imagine popping 13, that thing must be just cookin' in your hand.

My max is also at 11,7something.
Haven't really been using it lately tho. Need to pick it back up.

discmonkey42 said:

you have me by like 48 :?

I got a Powerball last night. Its pretty fun, but my there is no skin left on the inside of my pinky :(

So far my high is 12,779. When my pinky grows back I will try to get up to 13 :D

Johnnytothec said:
I got a Powerball last night. Its pretty fun, but my there is no skin left on the inside of my pinky :(

So far my high is 12,779. When my pinky grows back I will try to get up to 13 :D

Once you use it a bunch you'll rarely get that pinky skinning again. Happened to me when I first got mine, but after i used it a while I started gripping it a little better and I haven't had any blisters or anything since.

I get carpal tunnel in my palms, not my fingers or wrist (ie: I'm not quite 30 yet, but I can imagine having a hard time gripping a pencil in 20 years at the rate I'm going). Whenever I squeeze a stressball, or do those strength trainers for my hands, my palms hurt even more.

Do you think a powerball would help my situation or just make it worse?

UDcc123 said:
I get carpal tunnel in my palms, not my fingers or wrist (ie: I'm not quite 30 yet, but I can imagine having a hard time gripping a pencil in 20 years at the rate I'm going). Whenever I squeeze a stressball, or do those strength trainers for my hands, my palms hurt even more.

Do you think a powerball would help my situation or just make it worse?

I would say it would be good for strengthening, but you should work on getting rid of the pain first. Check webMD.com. they've got a rehab schedule on there with stretches and other stuff. Once you get rid of the pain, then start using a powerball or something else to get the strength back.

I broke 12k recently. 12,515 is my record. I talked a guy at work into getting one, and the rivalry has renewed my interest in it since it has just been a paperweight for the last few months.

krusen said:
I broke 12k recently. 12,515 is my record. I talked a guy at work into getting one, and the rivalry has renewed my interest in it since it has just been a paperweight for the last few months.

This is precisely why opting for the speedmeter is crucial if you want to stay motivated and maintain regular workouts over the long haul.

The absolute best scenario is if you and a few buds have powerballs with speedmeters and are trying to outdo each other in all the various elements of gyro speed. ie peak rpm speed, 30 second revs, 60 sec revs and 90 sec revs.

Friendly competition brings out the best in all of us and keeps us motivated to improve.

[sales pitch on/]
"So who wants to order a case of 24 gyros for their local club for wednesday night spinoffs after the doubles round?" [/sales pitch off] :roll:

Well I broke down and bought a Neon Blue 250hz Powerball. First day and I've hit 11,750. I generally consider my wrists pretty weak due to being double jointed and showing off as a kid. Guess Im not as bad as I thought. Only got my left up to around 8k though.

This thing is too addicting. Will def take discipline not to overdo it.

got one over the weekend with an REI gift card.

Lots of fun, they didn't have one with the digital display so I just bought the Red LCD one. It looks really cool in the dark.

Anyway, can you buy the display seperately or do you have to order another ball?

Latest posts