• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Precarious Pins

Hole 10 at Pratt Park in Fredericksburg VA. Basket #18 is 30 feet below in the grotto.
d57b6908.jpg

Tim, you have any shots of the #4-D pin at Bluemont down on the finger by the creek? That's a pretty challenging finish.
Couldn't find a decent picture displaying the slim margin of error on that pin placement. The majority of the pics I have show the entire area being trashed during bridge reconstruction.

Recently revamped the "Mound" at Bluemont to make putting more precarious. It will take some time to get the grass established. Planning to innaugurate the placement during the final at the Bruiser on 10/10/10. This placement is used for holes 1 and 3 during the final.

View through the tree on hole one.
moundtreeview.jpg

Viewed as hole three.
mound800.jpg

Recently visited Sugaree, and it seemed like every basket was perched above a boulder, or next to a steep slope, or both---including one about 10' from a 35' completely vertical cliff. Which I found out just how vertical 35' can be when I had to throw back from down there. And every last one is a hanging basket, to boot.

When I posted 'In Montana' a page back, I never actually thought I would play that course. Well hey, I did. And I think this is what the OP meant by 'PRECARIOUS:'

picture.php

I haven't played there but people have been telling me how Como in Buffalo has some really crazy basket locations near 30' drops into water and stuff.

\/\/

Here's one I started it's own thread about. Just thought it belonged here too...
WaterTroughPin.jpg

If you hit metal and it doesn't stick... odds are you're OB.
DSCJNKY

Hole 17 at Indy Lake "Picnic" course in Whitmore Lake, MI
This one is raised up (through the picnic table) and at the edge of the lake.

26527_l.jpg

Hole 13 at City Park in Moab, UT. Not the greatest course, but this hole is really cool.

68054_g.jpg

More from Indy Lake

Hole 6 Basket

26526_l.jpg

I've also played the Diamond X course in Montana and there are a few there that are definitely the most precarious of all basket locations I've seen.

^I like the positions... But, gotta question the ethics behind putting pins so close to (or on top of) picnic tables.
DSCJNKY

^I like the positions... But, gotta question the ethics behind putting pins so close to (or on top of) picnic tables.
DSCJNKY

Yea I hear ya.. The Picnic Course is only in the ground late October through April to avoid conflicts.. The picnic tables (all but the one that has a basket through it) are actually cleared out and put in storage early November. These pictures were taken in the rare occasion of a tournament in mid-october before the tables were cleared out.

darcy 106.jpg
this is #4 at spinski's private outside of wayland mi... kinda hard to tell from the pic but if you notice the angle of the hanging basket versus the tilt of the discs on the ground... its hanging from an ancient oak that makes your approach a hyzer going down the hill too... twos turn to fives here....

my avatar is the basket at #11 inside the middle of a geodesic jungle gym... small window ...

Last edited:

Latest posts