• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Predict the next innovation!

Since airbubbles are allowed in rims, why not a circular passage for receiving a glow necklace ring thingy?

They already make those- "fly by night" discs- shaped like a roc but less stable.

Shapable DG discs like the old Aerobies. Bend it from stable to understable and domey to flat top. Would reduce the number of discs you need to carry to 3 - putter, mid, driver. I can do this now with some soft plastic disc but it 's not repeatable.

A game/plugin for Kinect or Wii that would help you analyze form in your living room. No disc throwing actually required or you could make some type of controller disc for the wii. Virtually play through courses you've wanted to play. Load up a couple world class courses and try to hit ideal lines based on your form. Download user made maps (like in halo or COD). Mostly for from analysis though. Keep practicing until you get it right. Could also work with putting form

Last edited:
Smart discs with speech recognition, that respond when you yell "fade," "sit," or "skip."

My game would be so much better if my discs simply listened to me after I throw........................:(

The PDGA iphone app will show tournaments in the courses map, So if there is a tournament that day, you can avoid that course, and for tournaments later in the week, you can make plans to attend or schedule around them.

Larger diameter drivers, speed 15+. Battery powered dirtbike like "golf cart" to easily navigate most courses.

They already make those- "fly by night" discs- shaped like a roc but less stable.

Don't those use LEDs? The PDGA repeatedly refuses to approve discs having any metal parts. But those glow necklaces that you expose to air and then reseal glow for hours without having any metal parts. If a disc had a chamber in the rim for interchangably receiving such necklaces, it could potentially be PDGA legal, since the legality of blizzard discs would indicate that chambers in rims are permitted.

The PDGA iphone app will show tournaments in the courses map, So if there is a tournament that day, you can avoid that course, and for tournaments later in the week, you can make plans to attend or schedule around them.

This is so needed.....except for android.

Someone is just sitting back and waiting for that great idea just to read it from hear and patent the thing, laughing all the way to the bank.:D

round 3

So for those who are new and don't know how to revive a thread instead of creating a new one, this is how it's done. ANYWAY, had a cool idea and thought this would be a good place for it. They have plenty of ball golf training programs and such, but what about one for disc golf? Imagine you could have a heavy screen with a virtual DG course projected on it (like a video game). It would have sensors all over and around it that would measure the speed, spin, and angle of your disc and you could actually throw real discs at it and it would translate that throw onto the screen (factoring in CPU wind and the type of disc you threw which would need to be designated ahead of time). We have the technology, and while a really good version might not be practical for home use, it may be cost effective to have one for a major DG complex like Highbridge Hills. I have a feeling we'll see something like this soon! What else do people think is coming and have any of your previous predictions happened yet?

A mini disc that shoots a laser forwards, backwards, left and right. The one forward is to point at the pin. The ones left and right are to show you where your foot can't cross and the one shooting backwards is to show you where your foot has to cross. This is where I see most ams foot fault so it would be a good training mini.

This, but with a pressure sensor on the top and recievers to detect if you cross any of the lines, or maybe just a little camera.

So for those who are new and don't know how to revive a thread instead of creating a new one, this is how it's done. ANYWAY, had a cool idea and thought this would be a good place for it. They have plenty of ball golf training programs and such, but what about one for disc golf? Imagine you could have a heavy screen with a virtual DG course projected on it (like a video game). It would have sensors all over and around it that would measure the speed, spin, and angle of your disc and you could actually throw real discs at it and it would translate that throw onto the screen (factoring in CPU wind and the type of disc you threw which would need to be designated ahead of time). We have the technology, and while a really good version might not be practical for home use, it may be cost effective to have one for a major DG complex like Highbridge Hills. I have a feeling we'll see something like this soon! What else do people think is coming and have any of your previous predictions happened yet?

The place for this invention wouldn't be Highbridge where you have a bunch of courses already butin major metro areas like NYC where they don't have any space for courses. Great add-on for indoor golf driving ranges. You would be able to play the Highbridge, Idlewild, Flip City, Blue Ribbon and other prominent courses on the system. Although I think programming this capability into video gaming systems like Wii, PS3 and Xbox would be a first step.

disc warmer

about the disc warmer idea...

I had a seat cushion with gel in it at one point. (used for deer hunting in the cold weather) stick it in the microwave for a few minutes and the gel stays warm for hours. If you had the bag space to put this in there, it would keep your discs warm and you could use it for your hands as well. When its sub 40 degrees out, playing with cold hands hurts. Sorry I can't remember the name or brand of the gel cushion but I'm sure you could Google it. Not really a prediction, but I think a good idea!

Latest posts