• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Premiere trainers for disc golf pros?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
TLDR: Who trains disc golf pros?

Ball golfers have trainers. Baseball, football... I guess there would be someone(s) in disc golf too. Do pros improve their form on their own, or by watching random YouTube videos? I know there are plenty of people who train (Feldberg, Stokley, etc) and have videos up. I'm asking who Paul or Wysocki call.

Once you get to the elite level I'm guessing any trainer needed would be more for physical training more than shot/form training. Maybe in some way they piggy back ideas/form improvement playing rounds together on each other's media channels? Otherwise it seems like it's a solo journey of just reinforcing shot selection, muscle memory, etc, during the off season.

I'm asking who Paul or Wysocki call.

attachment.php

Ball golfers, baseball players and football players make money at their sports. I am guessing they might be able to spring for the Shake Weight.

search

TLDR: Who trains disc golf pros?

Ball golfers have trainers. Baseball, football... I guess there would be someone(s) in disc golf too. Do pros improve their form on their own, or by watching random YouTube videos? I know there are plenty of people who train (Feldberg, Stokley, etc) and have videos up. I'm asking who Paul or Wysocki call.

I know from a video Simon had on his Main You Tube that he is using a guy who is a trainer for throwing sports like Baseball, softball, cricket or the like that help the Disc Golfers get into shape. Also there is a former top Euopean pro no longer touring due to age who helps them train form etc. that Simon used that year he had the injury due to throwing the 360 drives he can no longer do. That guy helped him get back to the sport he loved, by helping him find a way to drive normally both forehand and backhand that had him not in pain and how to practice this. I forget his name or where he lived in Europe but he has helped a few of the top players in Europe come out winning a big events in Europe.

Then in USA there are some top facilities in USA, one of them also has a line of discs made for them either by MVP/Axiom or Gateway that look nice, I forget the name of facility. I know Paul McBeth is starting his own training facility with a very tough course even for Paul McBeth.

Disc golf strong has a lot of exercises that pro disc golfers use for conditioning

I know from a video Simon had on his Main You Tube that he is using a guy who is a trainer for throwing sports like Baseball, softball, cricket or the like that help the Disc Golfers get into shape. Also there is a former top Euopean pro no longer touring due to age who helps them train form etc. that Simon used that year he had the injury due to throwing the 360 drives he can no longer do. That guy helped him get back to the sport he loved, by helping him find a way to drive normally both forehand and backhand that had him not in pain and how to practice this. I forget his name or where he lived in Europe but he has helped a few of the top players in Europe come out winning a big events in Europe.

Then in USA there are some top facilities in USA, one of them also has a line of discs made for them either by MVP/Axiom or Gateway that look nice, I forget the name of facility. I know Paul McBeth is starting his own training facility with a very tough course even for Paul McBeth.

This seems to be the smart move for cementing a future in the sport....top name pro... build a course and a training site... getting kids and parents into paying for training to learn the game and then of course to use the course....

Nice idea in my opinion.

It seems the USA could use a few of these type places across the country as the sport begins to grow more.

This seems to be the smart move for cementing a future in the sport....top name pro... build a course and a training site... getting kids and parents into paying for training to learn the game and then of course to use the course....

Nice idea in my opinion.

It seems the USA could use a few of these type places across the country as the sport begins to grow more.

Yep sport is growing, Disc Golf was even on TV without having to pay for a slot recently. :)

Also Disc Golf is getting bigger not just due to events this year but in last 5-10 or so from the growth it was on before.