• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pretentious physics of the hit

Levers is the key, and you want to eliminate all unnecessary levers. The wrist is the biggest loss of distance lever, just like ball golf where folks try to flip it using the wrists, which is incorrect technique. Don't wind up the wrist on any shot, keep the wrist in the downward strong position, and both distance and accuracy will be increased.
In the end it is about the disc and not the body. Focus on the disc the entire throw, take dead aim at setup, and aim with the back of the disc, not the front. Then keep it on plane throughout the throw. IF you think about any body part or motion on the course during the throw, you are not focusing on the "shot"; visualizing the disc flight and taking dead aim, and your shot will not end up like you visualized.

I just got the new Discgolfer mag, and Henna shows the proper straight/downward wrist position at backswing, perfectly displayed on the cover. The most common BH mistake I see is bending the wrist back trying for more spin or power. I also use the bent elbow throw like hers.

Latest posts