• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prince Solms Park- New Braunfels, TX

Olorin

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This course is being resurrected from the dead with a new Houck design.

News article: Local disc golfers help renovate city course
New "cages" are already in.

"Higginbotham said the new 9-hole course will contain more water hazards and a couple expert holes. The three men have been working since December, cementing in cages and planning out the course."

Has anyone played here yet (the new design)? I was so pissed when they put a fence in Solms. I used to live right up the road and played here daily (minus those pesky summer months when you couldn't even get close to the place without smelling a tourist) on the old course. I loved how they utilized the river.

Now it looks like they are trying to avoid some of the overflow parking encroaching on old holes 1&2. Printed up the map- I'll see how many more holes I can birdie here. I was able to play a -8 on the old 9 hole once, on the modified course (shooting across the river on old 8 and from the tube rental porch on old 9).

Prince Solms

Gonna play on Saturday. It's been reviewed & pix posted on the DGCR site for the course. So I don't know what's in development, the course is usable & playable. This thread should not be used unless it is a Brand NEW course being developed IMHO.:confused:

Update?

What's the status on this course?? Has it been fully renovated yet? If so, this thread can be deleted.....

I have yet to play it but I heard it's nice!

Latest posts