• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Corner

This kind of idol worship is weird to me. I don't generally see anyone as entitled, certainly not based on a totally obscure athletic talent.

This kind of idol worship is weird to me. I don't generally see anyone as entitled, certainly not based on a totally obscure athletic talent.

You have no idea of the depth of my pro idol worship. I once followed McBeth around until he signed a disc for me. Then I had it plated in 24 karat gold.

Only problem was the gold plating covered up his signature, rendering the disc completely worthless. I tossed it in the trash can after that.

I wonder if there was a thread for just pros to post in with replies/comments turned off, how that would go over.

This would essentially be a thread where pros don't have to deal with being trolled.
Basically when a Pro player reaches out to Tim, he works with them. Feldberg had a tour diary that he sent to Tim and Tim reposted. MJ has a stocked thread. We can do whatever they want. If three or four pro players thought exposure here would help them and wanted a place to post with no responses other than the other pros, Tim would probably figure that out and make it happen.

We can't make it happen without pro players that want to do it, though. Tim isn't going to put the effort into something like that so it can sit with no one posting in it. You can't build it and wait for them to come, that only works in baseball movies.

So we can talk about it until we are blue in the face; without specific players who would want to do this, it's a non-starter.

Basically when a Pro player reaches out to Tim, he works with them. Feldberg had a tour diary that he sent to Tim and Tim reposted. MJ has a stocked thread. We can do whatever they want. If three or four pro players thought exposure here would help them and wanted a place to post with no responses other than the other pros, Tim would probably figure that out and make it happen.

We can't make it happen without pro players that want to do it, though. Tim isn't going to put the effort into something like that so it can sit with no one posting in it. You can't build it and wait for them to come, that only works in baseball movies.

So we can talk about it until we are blue in the face; without specific players who would want to do this, it's a non-starter.

Craig Gangloff (sic) has a thread buried here somewhere. Eventually comments were turned off to keep the thread on track. IIRC, people asked questions to TimG or a mod, and Craig would answer. It was a fairly popular thread.

Pros are representatives of their sponsors, so the idea of turning comments off, allows them to post here without any drama.

But you're right that it's pointless to set something like that up, if there isn't any interest. there.

I will have to dig up Borg's tour diary. Sounds like good reading.

Wasn't talking about pros when I said not everyone uses FB, Twitter.

Count me in this group. Don't reddit either unless its the only search result in whatever topic I am looking for. I don't have time for one thing. Seems pretty nasty a lot of times for another. Not that there isn't some heated vitriol here too, but for whatever reason, I like the format of forums SO much better than more recent platforms. They are moderated for one thing, keeps the riff raff down. :) Wish more pros were on here (and people in general), but I certainly understand I am getting to be a geezer when it comes to tech...and that's OK.

Man Reddit and FB are chock a block full of idiots.. At least DGCR has informed trolls.

We are the hardcore discers. The people that want to learn to better ourselves and have real conversations, debate issues and and discuss things longer than one post. Instead of trying to get as many "votes" or "likes" as possible.

There's a lot of cool folks on here, a bunch of pros that kind of cruise under the radar. I am always happy when they contribute but I try not to point them out too much or harass them, too much haha... but I need Intel!!!

It is a little disheartening when some career trolls pop up to just be themselves and scare some of these folks off. I always wonder when the next newbie is going to be someone who's a way better player than we think (like a pro) that says "f### this noise" after a few posts.

Last edited:
Man Reddit and FB are chock a block full of idiots.. At least DGCR has informed trolls.

We are the hardcore discers. The people that want to learn to better ourselves and have real conversations, debate issues and and discuss things longer than one post. Instead of trying to get as many "votes" or "likes" as possible.

There's a lot of cool folks on here, a bunch of pros that kind of cruise under the radar. I am always happy when they contribute but I try not to point them out too much or harass them, too much haha... but I need Intel!!!

It is a little disheartening when some career trolls pop up to just be themselves and scare some of these folks off. I always wonder when the next newbie is going to be someone who's a way better player than we think (like a pro) that says "f### this noise" after a few posts.

Yep, I don't use those platforms either. I'd rather read threads on a forum.

I don't want you to leave or anything, but it is kind of weird to me that you immerse yourself in a game to the point that you spend a lot of time on a forum, yet seem surprised that people here have interest in the game from a fan perspective as well.

I don't want you to leave or anything, but it is kind of weird to me that you immerse yourself in a game to the point that you spend a lot of time on a forum, yet seem surprised that people here have interest in the game from a fan perspective as well.

I am here often, because it is a safe platform to use as I work all day.

I have met, partied, hung out...with many professional athletes, musicians and celebs. 99% are just people. They abhor special treatment. They are people that have a special skill....just like you or I. Rushing up to anyone and asking for an autograph also seems creepy to me, as well.

I watch sports, TV, movies and listen to music, I simply think treating people specially is weird. To suggest we provide a feedback free environment, for anyone in this tiny game is weird to me. Respect can be earned....entitlement should never be given.

Shrug....could just be me.

I am here often, because it is a safe platform to use as I work all day.

I have met, partied, hung out...with many professional athletes, musicians and celebs. 99% are just people. They abhor special treatment. They are people that have a special skill....just like you or I. Rushing up to anyone and asking for an autograph also seems creepy to me, as well.

I watch sports, TV, movies and listen to music, I simply think treating people specially is weird. To suggest we provide a feedback free environment, for anyone in this tiny game is weird to me. Respect can be earned....entitlement should never be given.

Shrug....could just be me.

I'm not sure any of that has to do with what is being discussed.

I don't want the towel that James Conrad used to wipe sweat off his face. I don't even want his autograph. But since I'm interested in and trying to get better at something that he does professionally as well as almost anyone in the world, I'd devour anything he has to say about the topic.

I'm not sure any of that has to do with what is being discussed.

I don't want the towel that James Conrad used to wipe sweat off his face. I don't even want his autograph. But since I'm interested in and trying to get better at something that he does professionally as well as almost anyone in the world, I'd devour anything he has to say about the topic.

I did not see the OP's suggestion ending up an advice and technique board. The suggestion seemed, to me, to be suggesting a safe space, for a handful of players, to air their beliefs and grievances without the hassle of differing opinions.

From my perspective, there is considerably less I can pick up, in regards to technique, from 25 year old, professional athletes than from my local pro. His game is far more relatable. I am not going to be able to throw 600 ft, no matter how I do it. I also think, that if technique and learning about the game, is your goal...there is far more than enough on the YouTubes to sate that plight.

This might be some of my disinterest. I simply don't find the current MPO game that relatable. I enjoy occasionally watching it, but I enjoy playing much more.

We don't have to agree....like I said, maybe it is just me. :eek:

I did not see the OP's suggestion ending up an advice and technique board. The suggestion seemed, to me, to be suggesting a safe space, for a handful of players, to air their beliefs and grievances without the hassle of differing opinions.

From my perspective, there is considerably less I can pick up, in regards to technique, from 25 year old, professional athletes than from my local pro. His game is far more relatable. I am not going to be able to throw 600 ft, no matter how I do it. I also think, that if technique and learning about the game, is your goal...there is far more than enough on the YouTubes to sate that plight.

This might be some of my disinterest. I simply don't find the current MPO game that relatable. I enjoy occasionally watching it, but I enjoy playing much more.

We don't have to agree....like I said, maybe it is just me. :eek:

I didn't specifically say technique.

You just come across as the "I don't watch sports" person that has to jump into every sports conversation to present how much they are so much better for sitting on their porch or in the woods or binge watching Breaking Bad instead of wasting their time watching sports.

I didn't specifically say technique.

You just come across as the "I don't watch sports" person that has to jump into every sports conversation to present how much they are so much better for sitting on their porch or in the woods or binge watching Breaking Bad instead of wasting their time watching sports.

Lol......nope. Sports is a HUGE percentage of my TV watching. I just stop at appreciation and find the fanboy, idolization thing weird.

Again, I have met and hung around a lot of NHL players. I would feel creepy treating them as an idol. I love having life and hockey conversations with them, as I do anyone. My take, that we are all just people, is certainly not any attempt to present that I am better than anyone....if fact, this is exactly the opposite of the point I am trying to make.

For the record....weird is not derogatory, just different. It is odd, difficult for me to understand.....

Latest posts