• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Destroyer

Star Destroyer in general will be more stable. Pro Destroyers seem to break in really fast (I have had 4 of them) and get really understable. That also depends on weight, arm speed, there are many factors to consider.

I only drive about 290-320 depending on how aggressive I am, so I'm not a big arm. Broken in Pro Destroyer is the only driver above 11 speed I can throw for distance. They def break in faster. My two fly more like the numbers are 11/5/-2/2. My Star Destroyer is old but not near as broken in and I only use it for shots that I need to fade/stall and go only about 270. All my pro discs are more understable than their other plastic counterparts.

Pro Destroyer was molded for newer players. Its was designed with more glide than the Champion or Star molds, which means less stability, so yes, you are correct.
Champ Destroyers in general will be the most beefy, or overstable, Star plastic was what the Destroyer was originally designed for, and beat in to become perfection in the Destroyer world, and Pro is how you learn to love the Destroyer.

Pro Destroyer was molded for newer players. Its was designed with more glide than the Champion or Star molds, which means less stability, so yes, you are correct.
Champ Destroyers in general will be the most beefy, or overstable, Star plastic was what the Destroyer was originally designed for, and beat in to become perfection in the Destroyer world, and Pro is how you learn to love the Destroyer.

Are Pro DS, more OS than GStar? I have 2 of each and the GStars are touchy for max D, while the Pros are more consistent, but shorter and more resistant to turn.

So, G Star is supposed to be the "newer player friendly" version of Star, and should have more glide than standard Star molds when new.
Fresh Pro molds, especially domey ones will be more stable, but will beat in much faster.
A couple of good tree hits will change a Pro mold to an "S" turn killer, a couple more it will be a hyzer flip distance monster, but eventually it will become impossible to throw without flipping it over.
G Stars should start out as a nice "S" turn disc, and should stay that way for a long time, and be good for everything except a really strong headwind.

So, G Star is supposed to be the "newer player friendly" version of Star, and should have more glide than standard Star molds when new.
Fresh Pro molds, especially domey ones will be more stable, but will beat in much faster.
A couple of good tree hits will change a Pro mold to an "S" turn killer, a couple more it will be a hyzer flip distance monster, but eventually it will become impossible to throw without flipping it over.
G Stars should start out as a nice "S" turn disc, and should stay that way for a long time, and be good for everything except a really strong headwind.

That's really weird, as my GStars turn a bit but don't come back. They are like longer Leopards, which is nice but I like some fade at the end.

Go to You Tube and they cover your question concerning plastics

Cut and paste this and video will come up. They used a Destroyer as an example.

Disc Golf Disc Plastics: How they Impact Disc Flight

Hope this helps

Is a pro destroyer more understable than a star destroyer?

If you get the Champion Destroyers they have more glide then the Star ones, why I use them. At least that was true in 2014, when they were still making the Star Destroyers with the Avery Jenkins signature.

Latest posts