• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Pro-Lines" Disc Golf Flight Tracking -- (Video illustrated flght paths?!)

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxFB6kRbJKQ

-

This is the debut of Pro-Lines a brand new series that will focus on a new way of disc tracking. I will be using Por-Lines to show the lines of courses and flights of different discs. Check back soon to see more flight lines. Special Thanks to Nick Wood,Jeff Hawkins, Jed, Ming Vang and Eric Edgerton for hucking some plastic for this project. Any Pros wanting to do disc reviews to show different flight lines or just see you own please contact me.

After effects. It's a great idea. Hope some people take these techniques to the next level and produce some good quality video.

Last edited:
500x_sol3.jpg

After effects. It's a great idea. Hope some people take these techniques to the next level and produce some good quality video.

Both videos are definitely cool. This one with the disc names is better because it clearly shows that you can really shape different lines with the same mold. A quick search on Amazon and it looks like Adobe After Effects is way too expensive for me. It sure would be a great tool to learn your discs though.

Reminds me of when Fox had the NHL puck tracker thing.

I want to see it on a tight wooded hole with three or four tree kicks on a throw.
Neat idea, definitely.

neat trick. could be done with video editing software pretty easily methinks.

This is really cool! I am always fascinated when they show the trail of a golf ball in flight on the broadcasts, but IMO this is a MUCH better graphic than what they use to help grasp the cool flight patterns. And disc flight patterns are tons more beautiful than ball trajectories anyhow....after all, unlike ball golf, they are an integral to our game no matter what level you play at.

I could totally see this being a revolutionary addition to broadcasts. It helps the non-initiated understand the beauty of disc golf incredibly well. I think it would be amazing during a broadcast to after each hole, superimpose the flight trail of each competitor onto the hole and discuss. Obviously, that is a lot of production effort and processing power on the fly (punintentional), but it would make broadcasts so much more fascinating!

I tend to like the first one better (Pro Lines), although I have one minor quibble: I think the trails (tails?) last too long....feels uncomfortable after a while. I think it would be better for the trail to start shrinking in as soon as the disc comes to a stop.

I like this. Could be cleaned up. I don't like the 'flickering' effect but the idea is very cool.

Psh it was the only thing that made hockey watchable

Only for the people who don't watch hockey. I watch a lot of games, and I have no problem seeing or knowing where the puck is at ALL times, without the cartoonish, distracting special effect embellishments.There's a reason they junked it after like 2 seasons. But I do like the disc tracking application in the videos in this thread.

Latest posts