• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Rhynos

agent_peebody

* Ace Member *
does anybody have experience with dyeing the softer pro rhynos? i'm just wondering how well the dye will take on it.

*edit: also, how are the stamps when you remove them? i have one with a metallic blue stamp on it and if it smears or stains the disc i would like to know so i don't mess it up, thanks.

I've taken stamps off mine and as long as ur quick and don't let the acetone dry,it won't smear the stamp. There was a guy who dyed a set of rhynos. They came out nice but his name escapes me atm.

i'm just nervous that the tackiness/stickiness will effect the dye some how...i don't want to mess up this new one. it's the perfect level of tackiness

You can get dyed champ Rhynos, and for some reason they're really soft. Much softer than normal champion plastic.

does anybody have experience with dyeing the softer pro rhynos? i'm just wondering how well the dye will take on it.

*edit: also, how are the stamps when you remove them? i have one with a metallic blue stamp on it and if it smears or stains the disc i would like to know so i don't mess it up, thanks.

I actually drew a big simon on top of my floppy pro....w/ permanent marker (it's very well done and looks great). it actually has held for a long time. so i'm assuming a dye would hold great.

You can get dyed champ Rhynos, and for some reason they're really soft. Much softer than normal champion plastic.

True True. When all getting in to the Pro Rhyno (super floppy) fad, a lot of us picked up some champ ones. Some of them are really gummy and flexible.

i know you can dye champion, who wouldn't know that? i've been throwing rhynos since i started, but just got this Pro in the perfect tackiness. the gummy rhynos you guys are talking about are the Ontario ones. they are suuuuper gummy and soft. i used to have one that was a DX stamped Champion...it was sweet

I don't know. I wouldn't risk it. My buddy dyed an echo star, and it significantly changed the properties of the plastic.

In my experience, the softer Pro plastic doesn't take dye very well. I do remember that Rhyno dyed set, can't remember who it was either, and I don't know what the specifics were. If you have more than one, give it a try!