• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Test Material Rhyno

chrisoz

Has anyone ordered and got their hands on any of the new factory second "test pro material" rhynos? I'm interested in hearing about the grip and stiffness, as well as what type of dome they're coming out with.

Thanks!

ill grab some and let you know. The stiff factory pro they had were awesome. If it is an improvement over that then ill be happy.

Got mine on order today. If they come in and I get a few rounds use with them and no one else offers their observations, I'll gladly stop back in. Maybe by next weekend.

I got these in today, haven't thrown them yet, but can answer some of you questions. The stiffness is more than the Factory Proshop, but less stiff than a champion (my champions are not gummy). For grip, the flight plate is super grippy. The rim feels like a higher quality DX. It's a different kind of grippy compared to the Pro shop rhynos. The dome is closer to my champions, not the almost concave pro shop rhynos. I think I'm going to put a few rounds under the belt before I try to explain the flight.

After throwing a whole round (plus the practice hole, so 19), I've got some more info for you. Compared to the Factory Store Pro Rhyno, I feel that the XT a little more glide, and a little less fade. The plastic grips the chains well. I made about a forty foot putt, the disc hit left of the pole (RHBH), stuck to the chains and dropped in the basket. It seems like the grippy flight plate made it easy to get a good grip for my putt. I use a fan grip for putts, so it felt like I could control the spin easily. I drove off the tee pad, and it held up well. I hit a tree, and the basket a few times, and nothing major happened to the rim. Overall, I think the plastic will beat into a great disc. This was with one of the two I bought, so the next one might fly different.

Loves me some Rhynos, I'd like to hear how these are treating others as well.

10 are supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll have some for sale if they do. Price would be 9 shipped if any one wants to try one. I'll post a profile next to a champ and pro rhyno.

I am going to return all 10 of the rhyno's back to the factory store. The mold used is san marino and I can't get passed the dome. Think Blizzard Champion Pigs! The pink coloreed ones had less of a dome. I hate domey rhyno's for forehand because they turn to much.

See for yourself. I am going to stick with the Pro Rhyno (stiff)

20141010_180558.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the profile pic. Any suggestions for a replacent for my Proline gummy rhyno. Trying to not pay an arm and a leg if possible. Maybe just an arm...

Thanks for the profile pic. Any suggestions for a replacent for my Proline gummy rhyno. Trying to not pay an arm and a leg if possible. Maybe just an arm...

I have never thrown a Proline Gummy rhyno. Can you describe it to me? Do the proline's have gummy flight plate/gummy rim or is it gummy flight plate/stiff rim?

Yeah you can't beat the new pro stiff rhyno. Purple red and orange are pretty gummy with stiff rims. Yellow and white are stiff with yellow being the stiffest. Orange is tacky and my personal favorite out of all the colors available. We need to buy the rest of the rhynos so they continue to restock them.

I have never thrown a Proline Gummy rhyno. Can you describe it to me? Do the proline's have gummy flight plate/gummy rim or is it gummy flight plate/stiff rim?

I have thrown rpro, pro, proline, se, champ, and gstar.

All of the proline/se are soft and gummy. They basically sit between the star and r-pro in terms of stiffness. Although if you are lucky you can find some ontario r-pros that have a stiffness very close to proline. Most have a soft squishy plate though. Gummy is usually used to describe the old champ ontarios that are very close to gstar but in a nice durable champ plastic.

I just got a pair of the pink 170's in the mail today, along w/my 192 BC Condor :) The feel of the Rhynos is really great. So far I've only thrown current DX Rhynos, so have to do some comparison work, but just from a feel and look standpoint, very happy.

The edges of my Condor tho...love the coloration

I bought two pinks at 172. On of them was pretty flat and the other had a bad dome when I got them. I threw the domey one straight into my sale box, and the other was treating me great until today. I left my bag in my car all day, and though it didn't get much above 80 in my car, it was showing some super-dome when I played this evening that did not go away once the disc was cold again. I hate it now.

Latest posts