• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Wraith...other options?

I just started throwing Pro Wraiths and love them. I use them for various hyzer shots, typically when I need more distance and speed then a Valk or Teebird. I've always thought the Star's/Champ Wraith's were a bit stable for me until they were REALLY beat in. My first experience throwing a Pro Wraith is with the older run, which is much more grippy/tacky and less domey then the newer Pro runs. Here's a pic of an old/new...

photo-49_zps2cb49a11.jpg

Surge SS is the same as your wraith. I love my SS to death, but that's not to say you should move to it...like I said, theyre the same, so why switch. The flow is a great disc to try. I would say a 172 opto for the wraith characteristics, but the flow will be longer and glidier.

...pre-kenny star...

So you found a Star Wraith. Climo's signature didn't change the flight characteristics of the disc.

---

As for my .02 - I think the Pro Wraith is one of those great discs that really doesn't have an equivalent. They have monster glide. I'd stick with 'em.

So you found a Star Wraith. Climo's signature didn't change the flight characteristics of the disc.

Have you ever thrown one? There's a difference between newer star Wraiths and the older pre-Kennys. Most newer stars Ive seen, have a dome..making them more stable. Pre-kenny's don't really have a dome. Don't really understand why you came at me in the first place. Kinda made you look like a doucher.

I'm thinking of pairing a new(ish) star wraith with a beat pro wraith to cover most of my Big D shots. Star for more stable duties and pro for turnovers and big hyzer flips (plus pro for over the water shots).

What are y'all's thoughts on this? Does anyone else do this?

Don't see the point in throwing a flow instead of a pro wraith when they both do the same thing for me (threw both side by side last night for about 30 mins in the field). Also I'd much rather throw cheap plastic in my most lost disc slot.

Pick up a fresh mid 160s Pro Wraith and a heavier used/fresh Champ Wraith for the wind. These 2 discs cover most of my distance duties. Wraiths have been my go to driver since i started playing. My 166 Pro Wraith is the oldest driver in my bag, perfect for downhill/uphill drives with the wind BEHIND you. Also, for a wide rimmed driver, it molds up nicely in DX plastic too.

The archon replaced the beat pro wraith in my bag. The First runs seam to have more HST then the production runs. Right now I have New domie Star Wraith, beat star wraith, and FR Archon in the bag. Once the Archon beats in it will make a nice long range anny disc.

Have you ever thrown one? There's a difference between newer star Wraiths and the older pre-Kennys. Most newer stars Ive seen, have a dome..making them more stable. Pre-kenny's don't really have a dome. Don't really understand why you came at me in the first place. Kinda made you look like a doucher.

Pre- Kenny (SWR) Wraiths fly similar to Augusta Wraiths. Slight turn, slight fade, that absolutely bombs. My Augusta is my go-to distance disc. The SWR has a tad less glide. Both weigh 168g. I also carry a regular champ when I need a little more fade.

Must be a lot of snow on the ground in Boise. :eek:

I have a DX Wraith 167g and an Opto Havoc 168G and a GL Flow 168g. The Wraith is my longest disc but it and the Havoc have similar flights. I find the Flow the most stable of the 3. The Wraith has better glide even though it is smaller in diameter. Must be the base plastic. Pro better than DX for the Wraith for distance? I can get 375 out of the Wraith downhill, with a tailwind, and with the earth spinning against the direction of the throw.

Latest posts