• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ProDiscus Bag

I conure. I've just tested mine in full rainy conditions and it held up like a champ. It has recently been used as a suitcase, casual travel bag, and for rounds. I hate to sound like a fan boy, but there isn't a more veritile bag out there. Best bag on the market

Received my small prodiscus (20+) from Journey Post yesterday. The newer model does include 2 water bottle holders, has a rain fly, and comes with one divider.

Took it out and played/practiced for about five hours.

Straps
It is very comfortable to carry. The straps are a bit wider than Grip's A-series (8.5cm vs. 7cm), and spreading out the weight that little bit is noticeably more comfortable. I'm on the smaller side (5'9", 150 lbs.) and was able to adjust the straps optimally. Note that there is provision for larger bodies.

disc capacity
It's certainly possible to get 20 discs in the main compartment, but I only put 18 in to make it easy to take them out and put them in. The mix was 8 DDs, 4 FDs, 4 mids, and two driving/approach putters. I had three putters in the quiver, and 2 utility discs in one of the pontoons. If pressed to max out, I could see 20 in the main, 4 in the quiver, 4 in each pontoon, and 4 in each of the large side pockets (total = 40).

storage
Since I only used one pontoon for discs, the other held my snacks. One large side pocket held a rain shell, rain pants, and a couple of towels. The other large side pocket held a thick hoodie and more towels (with room to spare). Plenty of storage; however, the small backpack has no provision for carrying a stool and/or umbrella, so I will have to give up one of the large storage pockets for those two when I carry them -- the large pockets are double zippered, so this looks like a viable option.

quality
As noted in previous posts, the materials are top notch. Zippers are large & sturdy, stitching appears to be dome with quality thread, and the finishing touches (by the Fins :)) are excellent. I did find about two inch section in one (non-stress) area, where I'll have to repair some stitching, so not perfect.

prodiscus

Just got my new jetpack small in the mail yesterday. First thing I noticed is it has been redesigned and now has TWO drink holders and comes with a rainfly. Not as wide as the large but I still fit 21 discs in the front and that was with 3 putters, 4 mids, 3 fairways and 11 drivers. I also could fit 3 more drivers in each side pocket if I wanted and have 3 putters in putter pocket. Can't think of one bad thing to say about this bag. Will try to post a pic when I get home from work.

prodiscus jetpack small

Pics of my new prodiscus small.
Loving it so far.

20140519_185518_zpsizuccvv8.jpg

20140519_185500_zpsmnqarqxd.jpg

Mine arrives on Monday, I can't wait. Upgrading from a Ranger bag. I can not wait for all that extra storage.

Where did you order yours from? Only place I have seen these in stock are on Marshall St (20+ smaller version)

prodiscus

I have checked their site, didn't find it but maybe I'm not searching the right areas. Do you need to email them directly to request it?

They may or may not be up on their website. A friend told me they had them. I called them and the sent me a text with a pic of my red bag and I sent them paypal. Got an email for reciept and it was there 3 days later. Best thing is to give them a call. They told me they got a shipment of 100 bags in and that was maybe 3 weeks ago?

I would have thought they would have had them up on their website by now. I'll give it a look but I would just call them.

They may or may not be up on their website. A friend told me they had them. I called them and the sent me a text with a pic of my red bag and I sent them paypal. Got an email for reciept and it was there 3 days later. Best thing is to give them a call. They told me they got a shipment of 100 bags in and that was maybe 3 weeks ago?

I would have thought they would have had them up on their website by now. I'll give it a look but I would just call them.

Thanks for the info, it doesn't seem like shops want to go through the trouble of putting them on the website since they'll probably sell out so quick. I was just at Disc Nation last Friday and totally forgot the new Grip Bags were out :doh: and there they were in store but not on the website.

I got a blue one off fb for 133 and im loving it so far. Was in better condition than the seller let on!

I got mine from The Journey Post, which unfortunately went out of business last week ...

Did try getting in touch via email with Devon Owens who sells them according to Sidewinder22 (post #6 in this thread). He didn't respond.

I got mine from The Journey Post, which unfortunately went out of business last week ...

Did try getting in touch via email with Devon Owens who sells them according to Sidewinder22 (post #6 in this thread). He didn't respond.
Devon was still sponsored by Prodiscus when I got it from him. Since he changed sponsors I doubt he is selling them anymore unless he might still have any left.

This is by far my favorite backpack, although I do wish I had the second cup holder on my first run version.

Anyone know where I might be able to find a 30+ Prodiscus bag?? I've been looking all over the internet and haven't been able to find a single one! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A little over a month ago, I tried asking through the Prodiscus web site when I was looking for a 20+ bag but I didn't get a response.

Somehow I learned, http://www.sunkingdiscs.com, may have some bags but they were not listed on the web site. I used the "contact us" link to ask if they carried the bag and if they had any in stock.

I received a quick response and a fair price.

Very happy with the 20+ bag... good stuff.

Latest posts