• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodiscus USA Launches, Will Bring Prodiscus Made Plastic to United States

ProdiscusUSA

Prodiscus USA Launches, Will Bring Prodiscus Made Plastic to United States

Prodiscus USA, an offshoot of the Finnish company, Prodiscus, will bring professional level disc golf discs to the United States in 2018. Prodiscus USA was founded by Co-Owners, Baker Helton and Charlie McCracken, and will be the official provider of Prodiscus manufactured disc golf discs to consumers in the United States. The new, Arkansas based company will also look to be the leader among disc golf manufacturers in the growth of collegiate disc golf.

Prodiscus was the first Finnish disc golf manufacturer and started producing discs in 2010 under the leadership of Owner and C.E.O., Kai Vesa. Prodiscus has a large following in Europe but had yet to become a staple in the North American disc golf scene. In 2017, Prodiscus extended their efforts to expand in the United States by hiring Baker Helton to manage United States sales and promotions. Helton launched a nationwide RV tour, signed up-and-coming professional, Kevin Jones, and also sponsored the Jonesboro Open in an effort to further increase brand recognition. This announcement takes this effort to a new level.

"The time is right to launch a United States focused Prodiscus brand," Co-Owner, Baker Helton, said. "With the recent announcement of Prodiscus sponsoring the Jonesboro Open again in 2018 and an electric player like Kevin Jones on tour, there is no better time to set this in motion. The product has always been there. People love our plastic and many of our discs, including the Jokeri and Laseri, have become go-tos in many player's bags. Players want to throw Prodiscus plastic but they've have had a hard time being able to consistently access our discs in the United States. That is going to change."

Prodiscus will also make a concerted effort to grow the sport at the collegiate level. Helton launched the Southern Collegiate Disc Golf Association in 2016 and the league is currently ran by Co-Owner, Charlie McCracken. The SCDGA provides a new format that gives collegiate teams, in the south, an organized and competitive schedule of competition. The conference is expanding to ten teams and will be sponsored by Prodiscus USA in 2018. Prodiscus USA will use a percentage of every transaction to continue to grow collegiate disc golf both through the SCDGA and beyond.

USDGC's breakout player, Kevin Jones, will be joining Prodiscus USA in 2018 and will be touring full time with new Prodiscus USA signee, Austin Hannum.

"Watching Kevin Jones play disc golf is an experience that die hard fans of our sport will not take for granted," Co-Owner and Tour Manager, Charlie McCracken, said. "Our goal is to get Kevin into the spotlight as much as possible this year, in the hopes that people will grow to recognize him and our products. Kevin will be joined by local Oklahoma pro, Austin Hannum, who is excited to make his debut on tour full time this year. The two will be traveling the country and running events for local clubs. We are excited for these two great players to be ambassadors for Prodiscus USA as it enters the wider disc golf community."

More information about Prodiscus USA can be found on the company's website, ProdiscusUSA.com

###
Baker Helton
Co-Owner, Prodiscus USA
501-712-4387
[email protected]

cPZ1Bb

I've been throwing their Razeri since it was launched. Starts out as a moderately OS driver but beats in rather quickly...into a longer teebird-ish flight path. Pretty decent disc.

Jokeri and Laseri are both good discs. I'd try more if there weren't already 5 other discs I also want to try
first.

I did enjoy watching Kevin Jones at the USDGC. I hope he has a good 2018. This is one of those brands I've never given an honest look but I've always heard good things about the Jokeri.

Sweet, I'll probably have to buy a couple discs just to support the company growing collegiate disc golf; I'm so envious of the conference y'all have going, I wish we had something similar to play in over in the Carolinas and Georgia!

Sweet, I'll probably have to buy a couple discs just to support the company growing collegiate disc golf; I'm so envious of the conference y'all have going, I wish we had something similar to play in over in the Carolinas and Georgia!

One of our long term, future goals is to set up conferences, like the SCDGA, around the country. It really is a great format compared to just playing in random qualifiers when you can make them.

It would be nice to see officially licenced ncaa discs.

Oh man, I hope it stays a club sport forever. If it becomes NCAA, then there's huge headaches with playing in any other tournaments other than collegiate, and so many issues with sponsorships and everything.

As for the discs, that's not an NCAA deal, that's through the individual school. For example, Clemson has their logos registered through a local shop entity called Tigertown Graphics, and has strict regulations on the law usage, but no interaction with the NCAA on that. When we wanted to run fundraiser discs with the Clemson paw, we had to get a letter from the Tigertown folks and send it to Innova before they would stamp any discs. Now, that's not to say Clemson football and everyone else don't partner together for the NCAA sports, but actually using the logo for discs has zero to do with the NCAA

One of our long term, future goals is to set up conferences, like the SCDGA, around the country. It really is a great format compared to just playing in random qualifiers when you can make them.

That'd be pretty frickin awesome, although qualifiers are still fun and a great thing for the scene. But conference play also sounds fun, and I think there's room for both. I for one am super excited to see where the Collegiate competition takes off and goes to from where it is now!