• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Proflex feels great but is the F Model US a Prodigy employee prank?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
This thing is a Grade A Nebraska beef. I'm not sure if I've thrown a beefier disc in all my days. And if past reviews are any indication, this has been going on for some time now. In all plastics. I bought the entire Ace line in proflex and much of it is very OS out of the box. Plastic feels incrediballs but the F model US is horrifically mislabeled and it ain't the plastic. I don't see how this can be still be the case as it's been reported for years with BaseGrip And Duraflex (https://infinitediscs.com/Prodigy-F-Model-US). I threw this thing in the dryer for an hour yesterday, sanded the flashing, gave it the tee pad treatment, put it in the sun, folded the crap out of it, still OS. It was too windy to tell if it loosened up at all though. Anyway I fear these discs may take a while to break in in ProFlex.

Does this thing loosen up or do I need to cross out the "US" and write in "beef"? In that case it could make a great OS 10spd.

Proflex is the real deal for the most part, despite the F Model US. Feels much like gummy champ. Excellent grip. Pretty great value. The pink color pops too. I like em. The goal was to get all of them and have em in a slinger bag for quick rounds. And so I can watch a whole line's lifespan. Anyway, I can see several of these discs making my main bag, especially the putters, mids, and D Model S. Especially in the wind because these discs are heavy, boy. All ten discs are 175-181g. Got a 178g ProFlex P Model S that is gonna be a thing for sure. And the M Model US is essentially an M4. E.G. cash money. There's potential here and not just those.

Anyone have experience with the F Model US? Does it break in? I don't see how it could ever be understable, but maybe a straight flyer

How's the ProFlex going for others who throw it?

Last edited:
lol I play with some prodigy team member and they joke that in that plastic it stands for Ultra Stable. One dude uses it like a Firebird.

It's not just you, the F model US isn't that understable for most to start with and those are freaks.

lol I play with some prodigy team member and they joke that in that plastic it stands for Ultra Stable. One dude uses it like a Firebird.

It's not just you, the F model US isn't that understable for most to start with and those are freaks.

I know you responded to my ProFlex inquiry a few weeks ago before I got em. You still throwing it or know people who do? How's it breaking in? New plastic is so mysterious!

Last edited:
I know you responded to my ProFlex inquiry a few weeks ago before I got em. You still throwing it or know people who do? How's it breaking in? New plastic is so mysterious!

Seems to wear in pretty slowly, I have thrown it but don't bag any so I'm going off what others have said but it seems pretty durable.

Latest posts