• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro's In the Bag videos

WestTNDiscGolf

Bogey Member
Just curious how people feel about the pro's ITB vids. I'd like to see what they actually throw during rounds because sometimes I feel they advertise discs as being in the bag but they never actually use them. Anyone else have thought on this? I especially enjoy the vid coverage of tourneys where they put what disc the person is throwing on every shot, really helps to see how the discs fly for these guys.

I think people take ITB videos way too seriously. Buying the molds the pros use isn't going to make you a better DG'er.

I agree with you on this. I have discs I would really like to see the pros throw and discuss in their bag. but a LOT of the Dynamic Disc ITB videos seems like they throw MAYBE 50% of their bag and the are "trying out" all of the new discs. I get that this is a way for these companies to market their stuff but I don't know if I can watch another Feldberg ITB. Occasionally he provides some good insight to the disc but other times it seems like he's a salesman. :wall:

More and more Youtube videos are featuring which mold pro's are throwing while actually throwing, which I think is better than them trying to explain how 4 discs of the same mold fly differently. Check out the 2015 Tourny Video thread.

Not with that attitude.
The disc that works right for a pro, might not be suited for someone with different hands, arm strength, torque, etc. Even amongst the pros themselves, there are different philosophies in setting up a bag. I would hope if anyone watched enough ITB vidoes, they'd have the sense to conclude that there is no magic solution that can be learned from them.

More and more Youtube videos are featuring which mold pro's are throwing while actually throwing, which I think is better than them trying to explain how 4 discs of the same mold fly differently. Check out the 2015 Tourny Video thread.

This. Don't show me the stamp on 4 different discs of the same mold...Show me them in use so i can SEE how you use them.

I think people take ITB videos way too seriously. Buying the molds the pros use isn't going to make you a better DG'er.

I watch ITB videos to learn more about why the Pros carry the discs they do and how their bag rounds out.

For example, Will talks about what he threw at USDGC when he won. He talks about the holes he threw different discs on and why he carries each disc.

He can say "I carried an M1 for this shot" and doesn't mean I'm going to throw a M1, but it does tell me more about when someone might use an OS midrange.

I agree with you all, I love Nate Sexton's in the bag because it shows him throwing the discs after he goes through and talks about them all. I think all ITB should be this way.

I really enjoy ITB videos. I have no idea why, but I do. My personal favorite is the one Philo Brathwaite did for CCDG... I've actually watched that one a few times.

The disc that works right for a pro, might not be suited for someone with different hands, arm strength, torque, etc. Even amongst the pros themselves, there are different philosophies in setting up a bag. I would hope if anyone watched enough ITB vidoes, they'd have the sense to conclude that there is no magic solution that can be learned from them.

But their different philosophies are working for them. So we get to see several different philosophies (that work) in setting up a bag, and the videos also generally give us some insight on their playing strategy (that also works).

I like watching In the bag videos, I take them with a grain of salt though. I like comparing them to those tournament videos where they show what it is they are actually throwing when they play. I wish more tourney videos showed the discs thrown.

I'd rather watch an ITB from a really good non sponsored player with a mixed bag than a top pro modeling product for their sponsor. All the sponsored player is really telling me is what they're allowed to throw within a specific company lineup. I can figure that out on inbounds for the most part.

I watch them but I definitely prefer the ones with great tips and advice. One really good one was Barry Schultz's. Instead of trying to get me to buy an Aviar, Roc etc he gave really good general tips. Most of the Trilogy guys however, are just trying to sell stuff.

I don't know if I can watch another Feldberg ITB. Occasionally he provides some good insight to the disc but other times it seems like he's a salesman

I disagree. I actually think its nice to see someone clearly putting forth some effort to try and sell the product they represent. That is, after all, what Lat is paying Dave to do. Too many Pro's seem to think they only need to play golf wearing the right T shirt and they should be getting big bucks to do so.

I like ITB videos. Some are better then others. Innova ones are pretty boring for the most part. Oh look, an aviar, roc, teebird, destroyer, firebird, and one or two odd balls! I'm not gonna run out and buy anything just cuz person X likes it, but I still enjoy the vids anyway.

I really like the Trilogy guy's ITB's for some reason. I guess because most of them are pretty new to the company and are super all over the place in terms of mold selection, I just get a kick out of it. This one is "fast and over stable. So is this one! So is this one!" All different molds. If I was trying to dial in a bag off of that monstrosity of a line up I'd probably be the exact same way.

It was really long, but the bag that Yeti did is my favorite. Lots of good info there.

Yeah, I liked that one too, have watched it a few times but now I know hen to skip the intro and the food he lugs around!

I like watching In the bag videos, I take them with a grain of salt though.

^Yep^ - Simply put, I have neither the power nor finely tuned technique to throw discs like the pros. Nate Doss uses an XL as a roller, it still has fade when I chuck it. I just know I need to throw discs I can handle give were I am.

Everyone has their own style preferences, which is cool, some may or may not like the ones on SpinTV. The only thing I can say for ours is that we do them at tournaments 99% of the time, and often it's right before/after a round, so I can vouch for the accuracy. Also, when we do multiple with the same pro we tend to have them say "at X tournament" for these reasons being discussed. Things change and courses are different so hopefully in the long run fans can follow the changes (and see some of the discs aging as well).

Everyone has their own style preferences, which is cool, some may or may not like the ones on SpinTV. The only thing I can say for ours is that we do them at tournaments 99% of the time, and often it's right before/after a round, so I can vouch for the accuracy. Also, when we do multiple with the same pro we tend to have them say "at X tournament" for these reasons being discussed. Things change and courses are different so hopefully in the long run fans can follow the changes (and see some of the discs aging as well).

Keep 'em coming!

Latest posts