• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proto Star Stamped Discs

Here's a picture of a mini-star Beast in green and a Sidewinder in orange. And a Starfire, in salmon color.

Attachments

• photo (99).jpg
    photo (99).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 29
  • photo (84).jpg
    photo (84).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 20
I've got a bunch of first run Katana's, but those are Farting Lemon's. Only protostar I have is a Coyote. Got it in the DD mystery box last year, it was molded 3 years before I started playing DG.

I sold the only mini proto star stamp ce rhyno in existence.

Want the Beast and Starfire. Fight ya for 'em.

Just sold the Starfire, but maybe since you have some admin powers at DGCR I might be willing to part with that Beast if you would fix the picture pollution one of your trusted reviewers uploaded to our local course's page.

I've been trying to put the original pics of our course back up but they never stick for long. I think DGCR is a little biased towards a few of its kool-aid drinkers over local course builders when it comes to picture selection.

Just sold the Starfire, but maybe since you have some admin powers at DGCR I might be willing to part with that Beast if you would fix the picture pollution one of your trusted reviewers uploaded to our local course's page.

I've been trying to put the original pics of our course back up but they never stick for long. I think DGCR is a little biased towards a few of its kool-aid drinkers over local course builders when it comes to picture selection.

Reach out to timg. I'm just a mere mod of the forums. timg handles all the other non-forum aspects of the site.

Guy at a local course gave me a champion Mamba with one of the proto stamps on it.

Attachments

• mamba.jpg
    mamba.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
Ooooh, nice thread resurrection!

I once found and returned a star-stamped Rhyno to Todd Branch. It wasn't like he was gone from the course, though. I think he was onto the next hole and forgot he left it on the ground or something like that. Circa 1999 or so at Cold Brook. Definitely when the Winnie Crew was in its heyday. I always thought his star-stamped Rhyno was so cool and I never saw another one.

I have a friend with a Metalhead Viper from the early '90s. Back when I had a good forehand I tried it out and, to be honest, I don't recall it throwing much differently for me than the X-Clones and new Banshees I was throwing at the time, just shorter. But it looked so cool! Blue with a red stamp if I remember right. (That same friend, who Discs maybe a couple of times a year now, still bags an original Lightning from 1986 for little get-out-of-trouble flop shots. It's the oldest Disc I know of from somebody still in use, maybe with the exception of a Dauntless the owner of Wild Haven still uses and keeps tagging 100-footers with!).

I have some old Rams and Banshees and that's it for stock star stamps. Everything mentioned here are throwers, not collector-bagged Discs. I immediately retired a Banshee I had only used for one round in 1999 because I parked On Top of the World with it on my one glorious visit to DeLaveaga, back when I had that young man forehand. If I tried that shot today I think my arm would come off at the elbow and fly down the mountain with the Disc!

i don't even retire discs for an ace, that seems so strange to retire one for a park job. nice shot, though

I don't retire Discs for aces either (until the Disc is obsolete), but that day was such a memorable day in my life, I had to do it. Glad I did because it's one of two Banshees I still have left from that era.

The other has two aces on it. One of them stuck to the side of the cage and that used to count back then, so I count it, of course!

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention I still bag a Disc I bought that day at DeLaveaga. I might've bought it from Marty Hapner. I remember talking with a Marty who I think was him. It's a Soft Magnet with a "Disc Golf Epicenter" stamp. It's SO beaten in. I use it for extreme short anhyzer putts and have nailed countless 50 to 100-footers from around bushes with it. One of these days it will disintegrate into powder, but until then, it gets a slot next to my putting putter.

Last edited:
My Brother has a First Run (with regular stamp) DX Skeeter in his beginner persons bag. This was back when Innova did for a while labeling discs First Run for the Production run of a disc with the regular stamp for the plastic the mold came in during the first production run.

Latest posts