• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Punderson ( Newbury Ohio )

dkoz

Eagle Member
I've been gone for awhile , but I've notice Punderson rating is still kinda low. Has anyone played the course with the added island hole? Hands down one of the best courses in Ohio.

That's an awfully bold claim from someone who's only played 12 courses. Can you show your math?

I know what you mean. That minute it takes to mark it as played before getting back in the car to head for the next course is brutal...;)

So have you never played Punderson ? If not then why are you even posting on here? Ohhhh you must be one of the badasses on here now! Hahahaha

I'm actually bagging it in a month in a half when I'm in Cleveland for training and was looking forward to it. Considering I've played several of the courses in the top 20, I'm wondering why you feel it's better than them (why I asked you to "show your math", which you still haven't). Sorry to challenge you to explain yourself. I thought that was the point of a forum. If that makes me a badass, so be it.

I'll be getting Roscoe Ewing too.

Last edited:
I'm actually bagging it in a month in a half when I'm in Cleveland for training and was looking forward to it. Considering I've played several of the courses in the top 20, I'm wondering why you feel it's better than them (why I asked you to "show your math", which you still haven't). Sorry to challenge you to explain yourself. I thought that was the point of a forum. If that makes me a badass, so be it.

I'll be getting Roscoe Ewing too.

Do you plan on playing them the same day? If not then you might want to consider Roscoe ( medina ) and Veterans park ( parma ) 30 min from each other. I would defiantly give yourself a day for Punderson since all 3 tee pads make the hole so much different. Feel free to send me a message when your coming up and I'll hit a course up with you if I can.

I'll be there for a week and will be bagging the area every day after training lets out. Probably will only have time for one round a day. Punderson was going to be on my trip home.

And you should get out and explore more of the state. You guys do have some great golf in the area. I've been to the Canton area twice now and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm itching to get back to Lincoln Park (Oak Ledges).

Last edited:
I have played Punderson, and it is a pretty spectacular course. Red/White/Blue tees. Blue tees if you want a real challenge and the course really shows its teeth from the blues.

If playing for the first time, and have time for 2 rounds, I'd suggest a white tee "learner" round then play the blues after.

Portage Lakes, Deis Hill, Arboretum (Old layout), Lincoln Park, Lakeshore Park and Thompson Park @ East Liverpool are my favorite courses in Ohio aside from Punderson. Roscoe Ewing and Wingfoot State Park are both pretty fun as well.

Here's some footage from Punderson when it was still being built. You can see some unfinished tees etc.

Hopefully I can play it again this summer.

Portage Lakes, Deis Hill, Arboretum (Old layout), Lincoln Park, Lakeshore Park and Thompson Park @ East Liverpool are my favorite courses in Ohio aside from Punderson. Roscoe Ewing and Wingfoot State Park are both pretty fun as well.

Here's some footage from Punderson when it was still being built. You can see some unfinished tees etc.

Hopefully I can play it again this summer.

Mike C, it's amazing how much work has been done since that video. Can't wait for you to play it again and add a video! P.s damn I wish I could putt like that!

A bit late, but wanted to chime in to say that Punderson is indeed fantastic. Three sets of tees, well maintained, and some very smartly designed and demanding golf. Great use of elevation, lots of risk reward, nice mix of distances. For reference I clearly prefer it to courses like Selah Creekside and Fairfield Park. Awesome, very underrated course whose rating seems to be the victim of its early development. Can't recommend it enough.

Latest posts