• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Arizona Disc Golf? Volcanoes?!?

DiscusZach

YouTube took me down a rabbit hole one day and I learned about the incredible amount of volcanoes "active" and dormant that Arizona has to offer. The terrain looks incredible. I've known each state to have it's own beauty, but I had no idea about the volcanoes. I wanna travel there so badly now lol.

Arizona folks, what're the best courses that give you the best views / experience of the landscape?

TIA, hugs.

Played Masters Worlds out in Flagstaff, last July. 7000 ft elevation with massive Ponderosa Pines everywhere. Unique terrain, flora and fauna. Outside of being mid 90's for most of the trip, it was awesome. That is pretty unusual temps for Flagstaff that time of the year, it is normally highs in the 80's.

We played two courses. Fort Tuthill was a park style course through the Pines. Mostly flat and VERY sandy. Had to challenge myself to try to throw EVERY upshot at the chains. I thrive on solid driving, scuffing upshots to the pin and tapping in pars. Because of the sand, there was NO ground play. No reason not to run every approach, the disc would stop immediately on over shots. It was hard to convince my brain to play this new game.

Little America Crew Course was a longer, more hilly course. Softball sized lava rocks EVERYWHERE. You had to literally walk while looking straight down at your feet. I dislike this, it really detracts from gazing at the real beauty of the landscape. It was also downright dangerous for a bunch of geezers. The trip hazards were like a mine field and falling would have been like falling onto a ball of razors. The course itself was really nice, tough and fun.

We got down to Sedona, ate some fantastic food and had a great time, It is a VERY different part of the world from our Michigan home.

Last edited:
Played Masters Worlds out in Flagstaff, last July. 7000 ft elevation with massive Ponderosa Pines everywhere. Unique terrain, flora and fauna. Outside of being mid 90's for most of the trip, it was awesome. That is pretty unusual temps for Flagstaff that time of the year, it is normally highs in the 80's.

We played two courses. Fort Tuthill was a park style course through the Pines. Mostly flat and VERY sandy. Had to challenge myself to try to throw EVERY upshot at the chains. I thrive on solid driving, scuffing upshots to the pin and tapping in pars. Because of the sand, there was NO ground play. No reason not to run every approach, the disc would stop immediately on over shots. It was hard to convince my brain to play this new game.

Little America Crew Course was a longer, more hilly course. Softball sized lava rocks EVERYWHERE. You had to literally walk while looking straight down at your feet. I dislike this, it really detracts from gazing at the real beauty of the landscape. It was also downright dangerous for a bunch of geezers. The trip hazards were like a mine field and falling would have been like falling onto a ball of razors. The course itself was really nice, tough and fun.

We got down to Sedona, ate some fantastic food and had a great time, It is a VERY different part of the world from our Michigan home.
Hey those are like....reviews. Do I get credit??

Hey those are like....reviews. Do I get credit??

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm