• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Punta Gorda FL Getting New Course!!!

thrembo

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Charlotte County Florida is finally getting a new course that will be located at South County Regional Park in Punta Gorda. It's being laid out now and should be in the ground in October. It features 18 holes and is said to going to be 1500' longer than the other local course at N Charlotte County Regional Park. YAY!!!:)

Any idea who is designing the course? Gregg Hosfeld did a great job up here at Picnic Island and I think he did River City in DeBary which is getting great reviews.

Any idea who is designing the course? Gregg Hosfeld did a great job up here at Picnic Island and I think he did River City in DeBary which is getting great reviews.

I believe that one of our local pros, Tim Townsend is the primary designer. He is one of the players in the new Charlotte County Disc Golf Assn. No more SWFDGA in PC.

No. They are going to start putting it in in October. I will let everyone know when she opens!

They have no idea

Just called the South County Regional Park in Punta Gorda and they said they "might" be putting in a disc golf course and that they have no idea if or when that course would be built. I wish Charlotte county could get off their butts and get something done for once.

I talked to Tim on Monday and he said that they are taking bids on baskets and pads right now, and when that is done they would start putting it in prob by the end of October. They are also planning on putting a new 9 hole course in Franz Ross park and next year, they want to put a course in Kiwanis park. I think you may have talked to the wrong person! They are also considering other locations, so hang in there!

That's great news! Tim, TNT? If that's who you mean he's a great guy...hellva player too.

What's the latest with the new course in the Cape?

Yeah TNT. Haven't heard anything else about the Cape Coral course, other than the location (in the vicinity of US-41 and Delprado.) I'm playing a league round at NFM Saturday, if I hear anything I'll pass it along.

I heard the other day they're done with the pads, baskets will be put in early next month.
I can't wait!

I heard the same thing. The course should be done by January. Then Franz Ross Park gets a 9 hole par 2 course and other parks are under consideration for future courses. Looks like we are about to get an explosion of new courses in Charlotte County in the next couple of years. The county will only let us put one course in at a time though. Excited!!!

NPC is probably getting some new alt tee pads and alt pin placements! Some of them were playable as of yesterday in a temporary form.

Last edited:
Update. Fat Point Brewery in Punta Gorda is planning on putting in a course now on their property!

The South Regional Park Course in Punta Gorda is Open for Business!!! The course is now listed and features two sets of concrete tees and nice shiny new Mach5 baskets! The course is mostly urban so very little chance to lose a disc, except maybe from the water carries from the longs. Just got back from playing it for the 1st time. Its a quick fun play from the shorts and a good challenge from the longs. At least two other courses are in the works for Charlotte county in the coming year!

The South Regional Park Course in Punta Gorda is Open for Business!!! The course is now listed and features two sets of concrete tees and nice shiny new Mach5 baskets! The course is mostly urban so very little chance to lose a disc, except maybe from the water carries from the longs. Just got back from playing it for the 1st time. Its a quick fun play from the shorts and a good challenge from the longs. At least two other courses are in the works for Charlotte county in the coming year!

I'll be there soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts