• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Push Putters, do you all have stiff ones?

Mr. America

* Ace Member *
:D

Feldberg says a stiff putter is essential to push putting. I don't care so much as the brand of putter you are using, just curious how it ranks in stiffness.

I only ask because I recently bought a couple Soft Banger GT's while I like them for spin putting, and the feel in my hand, they do seem more inconsistent for push putting as compared to my KC Pro Aviars. Even the Star Aviar Driver (same mold as KC), seems less consistent. I'm wondering if that is really so, or has what Feldberg said got into my head too much?

I only ask because I sort of like the feel of the Soft Bangers compared to the KC Pros. I am wanting some perspective as to whether it really is detrimental to what I am trying to do?

I both push putt and spin putt, depending on the circumstance, and I use a stiff Wizard for both. I don't know if it makes that much of a difference, but I do get worse results using me soft Aviar than I do with the Wizard. That might be the mold difference though.

Soft or Medium organic Wizards (depending on weather)

Yes I use firm, tacky putters.

The difference is when push putting, the disc is propelled partly from the energy transfer.
Think of the game where you use stacks of coins and try to push the bottom one out without disrupting the stack...now imaginge trying that with a floppy coin.

:D

Feldberg says a stiff putter is essential to push putting. I don't care so much as the brand of putter you are using, just curious how it ranks in stiffness.

I only ask because I recently bought a couple Soft Banger GT's while I like them for spin putting, and the feel in my hand, they do seem more inconsistent for push putting as compared to my KC Pro Aviars. Even the Star Aviar Driver (same mold as KC), seems less consistent. I'm wondering if that is really so, or has what Feldberg said got into my head too much?

I only ask because I sort of like the feel of the Soft Bangers compared to the KC Pros. I am wanting some perspective as to whether it really is detrimental to what I am trying to do?

I push putt with a challenger, but I still love the feel and handling of the soft banger for my upshots.

I can still push putt with the banger, but it's just more consistent with a firmer, tackier disc.

I've found a way to use both - the softer/flexier putters will litearally spring off your fingers when push putted correctly, often for me flying over the basket within the circle. So for 25' and in I use stiffer putters, then for 25-35' I don't walk putt or jump putt, instead just use the springier putter for that extra height without extra energy expenditure/body movement that could potentially throw a shot out of alignment.

That said, if it's windy throw this out the window.