• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter flicks

dmbrun2

Eagle Member
How many of you flick a putter? I do off the tee with a pro pig quite a bit, and have never seen anyone else do it...What do you use it for? How far can you push a putter flick out?

I flick a Zone for short upshots that need to go right. I also flick the Zone to get around trees on the right side. I put it on a huge anny angle that pans out to flat.

I experiemented with flicking my P2's for upshots, but I decided that it wsan't really productive since they went straight backhand and forehand.

I use a putter off the tee quite often. I typically use an Ion but I will flick anything. I've pushed my Ion up to around 300'. Usually use it around 230' or less. Easier to flick a mid for longer than that.

I do. The putter flick is my go to upshot under 175' and outside jump putt range, and is how I layup when inside putting range with no good line to the basket. I find it incredibly accurate, easy to range, and easy to put on a variety of lines. Max D is about 250-275 but I can't flick putters that far consistently yet. Here are a few nice putter flicks:

Boulder birdie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTyXxFAUSIc - hole 8 my second shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnCXTlc22d0 - Couple minutes in I forehand putter deuce a 340' wooded hole with an Ion the first day I threw it.

I am considered the master of the putter flick. People give me so much **** for being able to flick a magic(now a pa4 :thmbup) on a dead straight line for over 150 feet, also love putter forehand rollers, talk about a ****ing useful shot. Sort of my signature thing :cool:

i flick rhynos mostly. all sorts of lines. mostly tricky upshots that need to turn left or fade right and sit soft.

also off the tee for the straight, straight, gentle fade at the end when a soft backhand turnover doesn't work.

sometimes an aviar more for finesse approaches and turnovers that need to start high and move a ways left.

not really sure about distance...

I am considered the master of the putter flick. People give me so much **** for being able to flick a magic(now a pa4 :thmbup) on a dead straight line for over 150 feet, also love putter forehand rollers, talk about a ****ing useful shot. Sort of my signature thing :cool:

I thought that was ur hair and wolf shirt?

I flick zones for hyzer. And opto pures for annys.

i love flicking putters. upshots from 75-150 mostly, and the occasional hard run at the heart. i might be able to get more D but i rarely try to use it, too easy to just grab a mid and maintain control.

the ion is probably my favorite, rhyno for wind and longer shots, zone for extreme hyzers and even an XD for turnovers. for some reason i grip lock wizards, but ions are no problem. i think it's the rolled inner rim, but whatever it is, it makes a night and day difference.

I do with Anodes. Mostly for upshots and when it's too far for me to putt nicely. I've gotten pretty decent at gauging distance and I've actually banged chains a couple of times doing it. Oddly enough, I can't remember ever doing it off the tee. That's something I'll have to try.

Truth

I won't vouch for Connor's hair, but his FH putter form is smooth as butta. I think if he worked on his FH he could have massive game. His flick sems to come easy to him. The bastard.

I was just talking about this with a friend on Saturday. More people need to be able to flick putters. I always get comments whenever I flick a putter like I'm changing the game somehow. It's a wonderful shot to have in your bag. Super easy (for me at least) to judge distance and placement. Right now I'm really vibin' on a RGL Pure for a flick putter upshot. Put it on a hyzer and be prepared to start hitting metal. Unfortunately I'm still working on the part where the metal hits lead to a disc dropping in. :)

I flick a Yeti or Rhyno frequently for approaches inside 160' or so. Putter flicks have been much more reliable than BH approaches lately.

...More people need to be able to flick putters. I always get comments whenever I flick a putter like I'm changing the game somehow. It's a wonderful shot to have in your bag...

My thoughts and experience as well.

I worked on flicking my Pures a couple years ago on vacation with a practice basket. Got good from 100'. Then I never used it on the course. It is gone now. I am dumb. :doh:

I'll flick my Wizards when I want a floaty anny approach that will straighten out after an early turn. They usually turn out bad, but occasionally it works quite well. I probably flick my putters more than my mids, but less than drivers.