• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

putter help

one of the best things to do is check out a soft or firm putter. Get to a shop and feel something like the gumbputts, rpro aviar, Vibram's Soft Line, Soft Bangers and then stuff like Green Focus's (suggested ala Dan Beto), Vibram Firms, or KC Aviars. A whole lot of pro's pick up stiffer putters.

Next figure out do you like understable putter or overstable, do you want a mix of stability? There is a reason this is one of the longest process in the game.

This morning, I went to the local shop and bought a DX Aviar -- I wasn't sure at first, but the guy at the store told me he loves his. After playing a round today, I am so glad I got it -- that disc feels great in my hand, I am releasing it smoothly, and I nailed several putts that I never could have made with my other putter. I really like this one over the Magnet -- I nailed one putt that was easily 50' (maybe more)...it flew right in the chains, straight as an arrow. I'm happy. :D

Garret

I've been putting with the Soft Banger GT all summer and I really like it. The thumb groove and the beaded bottom seem to fit my hand well. I just picked up a SSS Wizard and I'm starting to really like that one as well. I like the Banger's elite-x plastic better than the Wizard, though. I'm torn between the two. :\

This morning, I went to the local shop and bought a DX Aviar -- I wasn't sure at first, but the guy at the store told me he loves his. After playing a round today, I am so glad I got it -- that disc feels great in my hand, I am releasing it smoothly, and I nailed several putts that I never could have made with my other putter. I really like this one over the Magnet -- I nailed one putt that was easily 50' (maybe more)...it flew right in the chains, straight as an arrow. I'm happy. :D

Garret

I know so many people that love dx aviars. Many of my friends love putting with wizards but they always keep a super light dx aviar in their bag for long shots. For some reason im a huge fan of the Glo Aviars, they feel a little better in my hands than regular dx aviars. But like everyone said it's all personal preference and how it feels in your hand.