• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Madness!

Putter talk is always a touchy subject.:)

All in All, the putter can be a very important disc, other than for just putting it in the basket. Some approaches I could never of made so precisely without using a putter-like disc.

I am going to go out on a limb and say most players with tons of putter control are descent players to say the least. Now which putter to throw is the question:thmbup:

ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu puttertalk

Can somebody breakdown all the Lat 64 putters. Which ones you like/dont like. What their equivalents are

Can somebody breakdown all the Lat 64 putters. Which ones you like/dont like. What their equivalents are

The only putter I've seen in person from Lat64 is the Spike and I like it alot.

It's a shallower rim so its money in less-than-large hands. It flies overstable and can take alot of arm before it turns over, but usually comes back. The grip zones on the face of the disc feel great as well.

Aviar is a must , I will agree. I did the same thing with my putters, I went through alot.

Birdie, Dont know what I was thinking
Voodoo, to overstable
Aviar, I use this as one of my mids now
Have landed on the Echostar Aero, the straightest disc ive ever thrown, love it.

I absolutely love mine -- best putter ever, IMO. I use mine for a lot of mid-range shots as well. Unlike other putters I have tried, it has a great grip so I feel confortable throwing it farther distances. I had a Magnet for a while, but didn't like it at all -- I couldn't release it correctly. The Aviar, on the other hand, has netted me a ton of long putts since day one.

Garret

This was my progression:

1. Aviar
2. Soft Magnet
3. ESP FLX Challenger
4. FLX Challenger / SS Wizard combo

I really think I've found my combo in 4. I use the FLX Challenger for >15 and the SS Wizard for >15 and headwind

This was my progression:

1. Aviar
2. Soft Magnet
3. ESP FLX Challenger
4. FLX Challenger / SS Wizard combo

I really think I've found my combo in 4. I use the FLX Challenger for >15 and the SS Wizard for >15 and headwind

just about my story, but the lineup goes organic wizard, gummy champ rhyno(side arms and jump putts, wind too), and crystal challenger for upshots, but I have considered going FLX and just might.

What are you liking about the FLX?

I use a Pro D Challenger for long approches, and I use a Soft Magnet for 40ft and closer. The combo works great.

I just picked up a Star Aviar today. I always assumed that disc would be pretty stiff; but this one is actually gummy, borderline floppy. Way softer than my APX. Don't know if all Star Aviars are like that or if I found an abhorrent strain.

In any case, I love me some soft putters, so I'm excited to give it a whirl. Oh, and it had a DX price sticker on it, so I snagged it for 9 bucks. Wooooo.

just about my story, but the lineup goes organic wizard, gummy champ rhyno(side arms and jump putts, wind too), and crystal challenger for upshots, but I have considered going FLX and just might.

What are you liking about the FLX?

I have two FLX Challengers - lots of glide. Great for long upshots, but I took mine out of the bag as I was blowing by baskets. But, for long upshots and off the tee they are great: hyzers, anhyzers, and straight shots.