• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Putter that is closest to a Classic Roc?

BIGHAFNER

Eagle Member
I lost my Omega SS, so i picked up my old Classic Roc. I love the feel, but it is a little too hard for my tastes. I'd like something that feels close to the same, but comes in softer option. Wizard maybe? I don't know.

low profile and not particularly overstable
and decent glide

so I don't think Zone or Rhyno would be good choices

I would say Ion but you aren't going to get the same kind of plastic feel there

I fondled a clutch the other day... It was straight, kinda glidey, and rim felt sort of classic roc-like... Just a thought

I like the bead, and I don't care much for the same plastic feel. I just want something that is softer than dx plastic, but still has close to the same feel. Big bead aviar maybe?

Is there a difference between the rims of a KC Pro Aviar and a JK? Because I want a little softer feel, but not as soft as the Omega SS, too squishy. And is the only beaded one the driver mold? Or am I splitting hairs?

^^^You really should have different avatars if you're going to hold conversations with yourself like that. :p :D

I throw a ce and a champ classic roc for upshots and windy putts. I putt with sb dx aviars, and they get fairly soft over time. My old chains aviar is buttery, but not squishy.

I love the feel of the classic roc. I would say the Lat64 Pure feels quite similar. I don't think there is a bead on the lat64, but is has a similar feel, and flight.