• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putter that most resembles the Roc3

DgDamon

I'm a lifelong aviar/omega putter but noticed when I was warming up that the Roc3 was most most accurate disc. I've used it this week and played some of the best DG of my life. Maybe it's the slight over stability or maybe I get a clean release but I'm curios if anyone here would recommend a putter based on liking the R3.

Thank you in advance for not telling me to keep putting the R3.

Breaker.

roc3 only powers down so much before consistency is an issue

Why breaker? Lower profile than avair, beaded, speedy stable accurate. A few plastics to choose from

Last edited:
Well if you want a shallow putter I would highly suggest the Chief OS. It feels very roc like to me.

The Scale is not very glidey, but has a similar 0 turn nice hard fade as well as a bead. The fossil plastic is like nice pro plastic as well. Then there is the VP. If you are open to rubber I would give it a look. These two have little glide though, so if that is something you are after you won't find it there. These have the dump of a fresh roc, but they won't season like one.

If I had to pick from the three I would pick a max weight Chief OS

If you want a traditional speed PnA: Wizard They're beaded, slightly OS when fresh and quite cheap to purchase
If you want something a tick faster: Chief OS: very low profile feel and increase in speed results in a really nice little fade on the putt. Very Roc-like wing as well.

If you want a traditional speed PnA: Wizard They're beaded, slightly OS when fresh and quite cheap to purchase
If you want something a tick faster: Chief OS: very low profile feel and increase in speed results in a really nice little fade on the putt. Very Roc-like wing as well.

Ha great minds think alike. (or mediocre ones have great moments on my part)

A low shoulder Wizard like the Fossil Fuel one might feel like the Roc3, but I think it might be too overstable. My vote would be for the Envy. It has a very small bead compared to Roc of Wizard, but there is a little bit of one. But the flight of the disc is very much like a shorter Roc3 to me.

I'm a lifelong aviar/omega putter but noticed when I was warming up that the Roc3 was most most accurate disc. I've used it this week and played some of the best DG of my life. Maybe it's the slight over stability or maybe I get a clean release but I'm curios if anyone here would recommend a putter based on liking the R3.

Thank you in advance for not telling me to keep putting the R3.

I've seen several people use mids (not just the Roc3) to putt into the basket, and get decent results from 15+ feet out. I've occasionally used my Roc3 or Panther and thrown the disc into the chains, but there are "cons" to offset the "pros" of doing this.

Also, I'm not telling you to keep putting with the Roc3, but doing so probably was like putting in golf ball golf with a different putter, or switching your hands or putting left-handed instead of right-handed, etc. Doing something different forces your brain to get out of the routine it was in and actually "concentrate" on what your body is doing, then when you go back to your main routine, it's not so "routine" anymore, and you do better all the way around...

Anyhoo... I don't know of a putter that really feels like a Roc3. There *ARE* a number of overstable putters, though. The Wizard comes to mind, as does the Aviar Driver, the Envy, the PA1, etc.

How about a Harp? The Harp has a midrange feel in your hand for a putter. The harp is a little overstable.

It may just be me, but the Wizard and Aviar Driver don't feel anything like a Roc3 in the hand. The Harp comes to mind mostly, it's a very low profile putter that's OS as mentioned. Also the Lat64 Spike would be a good one to check out as well. It's straight for me up to about 20 feet before it starts to fade at the end.

i read that op wanted it to feel like a roc3. so go buy a classic roc. i dont know much about classic roc plastics. i have seen them in pro(flat) and champ glow (alot of dome). side note i putt with a harp and an omega.and will jump putt a roc in the right/worst spot. harp is the last thing i would suggest. i would be very interested in a mcpro or kc classic roc3.how about that vaviar? sounds like it might feel like a mini roc if it has the giant bead.

p.s if your happy putting with a roc use that. never fear the comeback putt. Have fun. and sink a big roc putt then smile at the naysayers.

DGA Breaker as mentioned before. When I bagged them I always thought they flew like a mini wasp which is comparable to the roc3.

I stand by my suggestion of a Discraft Ringer.

It's available in grippy base plastic.

That and the DGA Breaker, which has been suggested, is just a Ringer in premium plastic.

The Ringer and Roc3 are very similar in dimensions, that'd be a good place to start.

I did a search on infinite discs using the Roc3's dimensions and varying slightly from them to get more results. Only one that came back to within -/+ 2 on each dimension is the Crosslap Credo. Never even heard of the disc but apparently it's very similar to a roc3 as far as disc size. Flight ratings are 3-2-0-3 for the Credo.

Latest posts