• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter Wars - Sales Report from Infinite Discs

So are people throwing this or just buying it for "collector value" ?

I just dont see them flying around the courses, and they are pretty hard to miss.

Some for sure are, maybe it's a trend. I happened to dislike the fade as I started and now I've made the nova my only p&a. Maybe I'll realize it's stupid when I get better but I'm sure I'll keep it for approach and upshots.

Lots of people around here throw Novas now, probably due to the McBeth factor. Really annoys me for some reason to see these people throwing these hideous looking/feeling faux-vermolded monstrosities.

The Discmania putters have really taken off around here too so I'm not surprised about the P2 sales.

I've been loving the P2 for the last couple years, coming off the Yeti.

I'm not throwing any of the DD/L64/WS brands right now, but man that Crown is a nice feel in my hand. P2x Please DiscMania

I really think that those who of the opinion that the use of a disc by pros doesn't drive sales are way off base.

It only makes sense that as the market becomes more and more saturated with molds the recommendation of a high profile player is going to have an effect on the discs people are willing to spend money to try. The nova's numbers are absolutely because of Mcbeth in large part, and the sales of the harp has a lot to do with Ricky.

Why would it matter that Scooter Mcnoob doesn't know who Paul Mcbeth is? Scooter Mcnoob comes to the course with three dx discs in his school backpack. One golf-crazed plastic addict puts more money into this sport every year than a dozen Scooter Mcnoobs and that guy is the one asking all the time for McBeth or Wysocki's in the bag video to know what they are throwing.

Frankly when each company has 1548415 discs I'm interested to know what Mcbeth and Wysocki have settled on too.

well as a noob i never gave a crap about whos cursive signature was on XYZ disc. Nearly 10 years later and I still dont. If "pro" disc golf is such a big deal to the masses why is it a **** show? Lol.

Mcbeth might be a rare example... Err the only 1 really lol

Interesting list. Don't know anyone who actually putts with a Harp, know plenty of people who putt with Daggers.

I putted with the Harp one winter. Practiced with the Harp for a very windy 2-disc tournament, got used to it, and then had a hard time switching back.

I still use the Harp for specialty putts, but yeah, much more useful as an approach disc.

I don't see my XT Colts on the list, though. Colt is a sweet putt-and-straight approach disc. :)

well as a noob i never gave a crap about whos cursive signature was on XYZ disc. Nearly 10 years later and I still dont. If "pro" disc golf is such a big deal to the masses why is it a **** show? Lol.

Mcbeth might be a rare example... Err the only 1 really lol

Great. Your experience does not appear to be representative.

McBeth's 2016 ITB video has 84K views (2015 has more than 100K). Climo's last ITB has 131K views. Simon, Sexton, Philo, Nikko, Avery, Eagle all have ITB videos with more than 55K views.

People care about what pros throw and it absolutely affects sales.

I find it interesting that the Innova Aviar is clumped into one grouping. To me there is a significant difference between the beadless and big bead variety. I find the BB varieties (KC Pro, JK Pro, Yeti Pro, Aviar Driver) sell noticeably better than the beadless Aviar.

Great. Your experience does not appear to be representative.

McBeth's 2016 ITB video has 84K views (2015 has more than 100K). Climo's last ITB has 131K views. Simon, Sexton, Philo, Nikko, Avery, Eagle all have ITB videos with more than 55K views.

People care about what pros throw and it absolutely affects sales.

Im not sure what noobs you DG with but in my experience they dont even know what mold they are throwing.

"My red disc with a cartoon on it" "that MVP rim" i literally heard on Sat. At a camp of boy scouts on their private course volunteering that there is a magnet disc that sticks to the chains better. The cool stamps i brought were the only thing that mattered or their favorite colors etc. A few brought their own discs and i would ask what they were "my midrange" "max d driver" ... Im talking about the players at parks who have no damn clue this website is a thing snd there are LOTS around here just tossing plastic.

Literally heard this chucker group describe "ohh when I had my orange disc... now this red one sucks" this past weekend.

They dont care what they throw. And yes they make up the majority of players.

Maybe that is a contributing reason why special pro tour discs are online only...They know the people who will buy it are the die-hards posting on nerd forums about it, not the chuckers who are just in it for a good time.

I find it interesting that the Innova Aviar is clumped into one grouping. To me there is a significant difference between the beadless and big bead variety. I find the BB varieties (KC Pro, JK Pro, Yeti Pro, Aviar Driver) sell noticeably better than the beadless Aviar.

This is getting to be the disc golf equivalent of having Budweiser and Bud Light in cans, bottles, aluminum bottles, tall boys, single, 6/12/18/24 packs, etc. Just dominating shelf space and pushing competitors' discs to the fringe. :popcorn:

About the Chuckers

Literally heard this chucker group describe "ohh when I had my orange disc... now this red one sucks" this past weekend.

They don't care what they throw. And yes they make up the majority of players.

Maybe that is a contributing reason why special pro tour discs are online only...They know the people who will buy it are the die-hards posting on nerd forums about it, not the chuckers who are just in it for a good time.

This has to do with color of the disc, sometimes people think the color of the disc can make a difference. Actually it is the run of disc that makes the difference, color has no real change in a disc. Sometimes with baseline plastic the color makes a difference but not always, only if that plastic is of the stiffer type. Also my guess is that they play with only a single disc model with only one disc.

I know a chucker who uses 3 different lighting discs. All he did was once the company made those same discs with dupont in them he got those 3 disc in Dupont and pulled the others from his bag. he used a heavy canvas tote bag as his bag that had handles and a single detachable strap with a little useless pocket on the outside he kept his mini marker in.

This has to do with color of the disc, sometimes people think the color of the disc can make a difference. Actually it is the run of disc that makes the difference, color has no real change in a disc. Sometimes with baseline plastic the color makes a difference but not always, only if that plastic is of the stiffer type. Also my guess is that they play with only a single disc model with only one disc.

I know a chucker who uses 3 different lighting discs. All he did was once the company made those same discs with dupont in them he got those 3 disc in Dupont and pulled the others from his bag. he used a heavy canvas tote bag as his bag that had handles and a single detachable strap with a little useless pocket on the outside he kept his mini marker in.

You werent there, and the point of my post must have completely flew over your head.

The average chucker doesn't know who the pros are, but they also don't order stacks of putters from Infinite Disc. They putt with a midrange they found and if they purchase anything its a Innova driver from a local retailer.

I bet the average internet buyer at least knows something about the pro game and has an idea of what they throw. The people I know that order the most disc are rec and intermediate players who are always seeking ways to improve their game. These players care about what the pros throw but are smart enough to know that their needs are different. I'd say pro support is a contributing factor in disc buying decisions but only a small one. Otherwise the Dagger would at least be in the top 5 on this list.

The average chucker doesn't know who the pros are, but they also don't order stacks of putters from Infinite Disc.

Bingo. The majority of people playing disc golf may not care who philo, eagle, etc are, they make up a small percentage of discs sold. I mean, before I started watching pro tournaments and visiting sites like this I had the same 5 discs I used and owned maybe 5 more. Half of those I had found. I bought maybe 2 discs a year from the sporting goods store. I have probably bought 15x more discs in the last year than I have ever bought retail before.

Latest posts