• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter weights.

The current theory:

170-172= General putting
165-170= long putts
170-175= long driving
170-175= drives and approaches

But 150 class does everything I need.

It definately becomes personal, though the above ranges are close to where I'm at.

175 for drives/approaches and headwind putts
171-172 for true putting
168 for long putts and finesse shots, also for big elevation change putts,

All the same mold and firmness (Voodoos in my case)

so much is dependent on putting style and "feel." Putting is the most mental part of disc golf. so the #1 important part of putting is to feel comfortable and confident. i played around a bit with putter weights back a few years ago using a DGA Titanic, weight range of 167-174g. when it came down to in the circle putting i found little to no difference in flight and consistency. mentally tho, the 170-172 putters felt best in my head. in aviars i prefer 174-175. in rhynos i prefer the 166-168. its hard to generalize what weight one should use without knowing the mold thats going to be used.

Inside circle* putts = stable putter 172+
outside the circle* = a beat-up version of my putter thats a lil more understable. still 172+
Approaches and drives = I use rhynos, a 167 that i can really manipulate and have great accuracy with and a 175 for higher winds/headwinds/drives under 225'.

*I consider the circle to be my high precentage putting range.

I have buddies that use 174-175 for everything and others that use all <170 for everything. they have equal putting. it comes down to feel and mold. if i were to generalize i would suggest 172+ because it would be more versatile at this weight and have more consistent flights in high winds.

I try to buy my putters at 172 grams. If its a gram over or under then no biggy.

172 for me. I used 170s for a while and was accurate with them but would pop out of the chains from time to time. I tried my 174 and my accuracy dropped quite a bit whether I was hitting the basket or I would toss it a bit harder to compensate for it and it would then be off target.

I carry two putters. I have found the 170 is great for approachs, and my 175 Magnet is great for drives, and putting.

My first (and current) putter is 168g. I'd probably go a bit heavier now, but my putter is absolutely beat and it is a beautiful thing. I'm sticking with what I've got 'cuz it works.