• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Vulcans

Keokuk Discer

Birdie Member
I have been searching endlessly for a super light vulcan (130 or 140 class) and I was told the other day that the vulcan was discontinued. Is there any truth to that and if so is there a good alternative I can look for in the weight class?

its not on the innova website

it wasnt a very popular mold especially with that top

Blizzard Vulcans are out there, but probably not very common.

IDK why you want one that light. Too much speed, and WAAAYYYY too much flippiness.

What did you like about them? That's very light, very understable and very wide rimmed, and you're unlikely to find a similar top.

There are some MVP Orbitals in the 160s at Infinite Discs that are very fast and very understable. Infinite also has some GStar Mambas in the 150s.

I am approaching 60 and I have severe back and knee problems and the lighter discs allow me to throw with less strain on my back. The lighter vulcan do flip for me, but it's predictable for me.

I switched to Mambas a few years back. Vulcans got hard to find and unpredictable. There were some champ red ones at the factory store over the summer that flew like Bosses ffs.

For me, the light Mambas are just too flippy. I find it hard to get the exact right hyzer angle consistently enough to make them work well. I liked light weight Terns for a while, but now Shrykes and Corvettes are my favorites, with Bosses for stable but a bit shorter distance.

For me, the light Mambas are just too flippy. I find it hard to get the exact right hyzer angle consistently enough to make them work well. I liked light weight Terns for a while, but now Shrykes and Corvettes are my favorites, with Bosses for stable but a bit shorter distance.

You might give the Daedalus a try. They do pretty well, and are usually a hair flippier than Shrykes. Good bombers.

Thanks. I actually have a light weight Daedalus in my cart for the next time I do an F2 order.